Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XCC Mod Creator problem
ok, here is the situation: I just got XCC Mod Creator and i'm stumped how to use it, in the ini section I added my 2 modified ini files, and launched my little piece of the mod: no new building, to be sure that I didn't know the solution I checked by changing the conscripts Primary to ElectricBolt. And voila, NO EFFECT! I haven't tried putting the ini's in a .mix yet though. I need help ASAP, I'm new to this job....
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
  • Is there a rules(md).ini already in your game folder?
  • Is your modified file called rules(md).ini?
  • Did you set up mod creator for the correct game?
  • Are you sure it's not your mod's fault?

And please, use a more descriptive thread name next time.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Sorry about the false alarm. Computer had brain freeze and didn't wan't to compute it correctly, everything worked fine after restart. Could you please delete this thread, it's annoying to have useless threads on the forums.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
but now I have another problem, my new building gets weird art. Actually I made an "Advanced Tesla Coil", which has only two modes i artmd.ini. When I make a new entry in the game I don't see the electric color, when I replace the original image with this one, the color is there but the buildup is of the original tesla coil.
Sounds like wrong art code to me, maybe paired with an incomplete asset set. (Most likely you're using the Tesla Coil's art entry with less anims than the original has, or differently named anims...something like that.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Checked and double checked. The code is perfect, but the game doesn't interpret artmd.ini correctly, as I literally copied the Tesla Coil art code, changed it appropriately to match my new shp, and I get a non-powered advanced tesla coil ingame, but if I stick to the old code changing NATSLA to reflect my new shp's I see a powered Advanced Tesla Coil with the original Tesla Coil buildup animation.
Show us the code?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Here are the two artmd.ini entries:

The new entry code:

Code:
[ADNATSLA] ; Advanced Tesla Coil
Cameo=ADTSLAUICO
Image=ADNATSLA
Remapable=no
Foundation=1x1
Height=5
Buildup=ADNATSLAMK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
PrimaryFireFLH=50,0,400
SecondaryFireFLH=50,0,400
NewTheater=yes
ActiveAnim=NATSLAA
ActiveAnimDamaged=ADNATSLA_AD
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-30
ActiveAnimPowered=no  ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
ActiveAnimPoweredLight=yes ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
SpecialAnim=ADNATSLA_B
SpecialAnimDamaged=ADNATSLA_BD
SpecialAnimZAdjust=-30
SpecialAnimPowered=no  ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
SpecialAnimPoweredLight=yes ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
IsAnimDelayedFire=yes  ; SJM: Firing anim (SpecialAnim) delays firing of weapon
DelayedFireDelay=28   ; SJM: Must match playback of anim, and ideally audio too
CanBeHidden=False
OccupyHeight=4
DamageFireOffset0=0,14

[NATSLAA]    ; Tesla Coil Active Anim
Image=NATSLAA
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=9
LoopCount=-1
Rate=450
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Shadow=yes

[ADNATSLA_AD]    ; Tesla Coil Damaged Active Anim
Image=ADNATSLA_A
Normalized=yes
Start=10
LoopStart=10
LoopEnd=19
LoopCount=-1
Rate=450
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Shadow=yes

[ADNATSLA_B]    ; Tesla Coil Firing Anim
Image=ADNATSLA_B
Normalized=no    ; SJM: Must match a hard frame delay in Tesla Coil above.  No scaling by frame rate.
Start=0
End=9
Rate=300
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Report=TeslaCoilPowerUp
Shadow=yes

[ADNATSLA_BD]    ; Tesla Coil Damaged Firing Anim
Image=ADNATSLA_B
Normalized=no    ; SJM: Must match a hard frame delay in Tesla Coil above.  No scaling by frame rate.
Start=10
End=19
Rate=300
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Report=TeslaCoilPowerUp
Shadow=yes

The altered old entry code:

Code:
[NATSLA]
Cameo=ADTSLAUICO
Image=ADNATSLA
Remapable=no
Foundation=1x1
Height=5
Buildup=ADNATSLAMK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
PrimaryFireFLH=50,0,400
SecondaryFireFLH=50,0,400
NewTheater=yes
ActiveAnim=NATSLAA
ActiveAnimDamaged=ADNATSLA_AD
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-30
ActiveAnimPowered=no  ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
ActiveAnimPoweredLight=yes ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
SpecialAnim=ADNATSLA_B
SpecialAnimDamaged=ADNATSLA_BD
SpecialAnimZAdjust=-30
SpecialAnimPowered=no  ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
SpecialAnimPoweredLight=yes ; SJM: This means anim goes away when underpowered
IsAnimDelayedFire=yes  ; SJM: Firing anim (SpecialAnim) delays firing of weapon
DelayedFireDelay=28   ; SJM: Must match playback of anim, and ideally audio too
CanBeHidden=False
OccupyHeight=4
DamageFireOffset0=0,14

[NATSLAA]    ; Tesla Coil Active Anim
Image=NATSLAA
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=9
LoopCount=-1
Rate=450
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Shadow=yes

[ADNATSLA_AD]    ; Tesla Coil Damaged Active Anim
Image=NATSLAA
Normalized=yes
Start=10
LoopStart=10
LoopEnd=19
LoopCount=-1
Rate=450
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Shadow=yes

[ADNATSLA_B]    ; Tesla Coil Firing Anim
Image=ADNATSLA_B
Start=0
End=9
Rate=300
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Report=TeslaCoilPowerUp
Shadow=yes

[ADNATSLA_BD]    ; Tesla Coil Damaged Firing Anim
Image=ADNATSLA_B
Start=10
End=19
Rate=300
Layer=ground
NewTheater=yes
Report=TeslaCoilPowerUp
Shadow=yes
That's a bad naming scheme, as the second letter of the filename is used for theatre-specific magic. Add your "AD" to the end of the names instead.

And I'm not sure what you're planning to achieve with this code, as both of your code snippets look the same, save for the filename of Damaged Active Animation.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Yeah. Electro, you're only going to solve this is two ways, one of which is more beneficial for you. Either you're going to tell us precisely what you're trying to do and how, or, you're going to read up on some tutorials and guides including a certain modding database about these things more thoroughly... after all, no-one knows your predicament better than yourself.

If you do solve it on your own though, please keep this thread updated on how you solved it.
Shall I take this as a hint my guidelines are not phrased clearly enough?
Forum Rules

I'd say he either ignored your post, didn't see it, or didn't understand it. Or maybe he took your advice but then received a nasty bump on the head and got amnesia. Perhaps he actually fixed it and hasn't told us. Or...

I could go on... Tongue
Would this going on lead to an explanation why you thought playing necromancer was a good pastime for new year's day?
Forum Rules

Oh, you mean the post date! Sorry, didn't realise. It was just sitting there, attracting me, on the first page. Meh.

EDIT: But since you're ever-so-strict on remotely old threads, why not just purge all threads older than a week, automatically, every day?
Because "purging" implies "deleting"...and that'd destroy the search function's purpose Wink
Forum Rules