Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI not deploying ConYards
Does anyone one of any *particular* reasons why an AI might not deploy its MCV into a ConYard in Skirmish? I'd rather not share my code at this stage... it's a bit... confidential. Not for human eyes Poking
did you change the locomotor?
Nope - but I just realised I had this left in there:

[AI]
BuildConst=GAWEAP,NAWEAP,YAWEAP

w00tage for old bits of code Tongue Time to test it out now.
Tested - it deploys fine - but the AI Yuri IE's upon the game loading. When the player chooses Yuri, it's fine though...

I wanted the AI only to deploy a Conyard and be able to build only the 3 structures available in the game mode - War Factory, and both Superweapons. To stop the AI building a complete base, which it does right now, I used the code:
Code:
[YAPOWR]
TechLevel=11
Prerequisite=REINFORCE
ForbiddenHouses=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,YuriCountry
AIBuildThis=no

I did that with all Power Plants. Yet, the AI is still building up a full base. Plus, as above, Yuri's AI is IEing. Any thoughts? (And no, the actual ini code does not have a space in "Africans" nor does the ForbiddenHouses= tag take up two lines).
The AI is hardcoded to build GDI/Nod/ThirdPowerPlant= as soon as it gets a conyard. Point those to your WF.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Excellent - I was about try try messing more with that [AI] section. It's like you read my mind. I'm starting to really think you are psychic, as you claim O_o
Righty, after testing, it fixed the Yuri AI IE.

Yet, all three factions still happily make bases including Power Plants. Goodness knows how it made the Power Plants, but is it also hardcoded to build things as per the BuildBarracks, BuildRefinery etc. tags?
i think it is hardcoded to build in this order:
Powerplant, Barracks, Refinary, Powerplant, Base Defence
after these 5, it then builds randomly.

for this game mode, you can try sticking the war factory on the powerplants tag, 1 superweapon on the barracks tag, and the other superweapon on the refinary tag, see what happens Tongue
Whiteboy Wrote:It's like you read my mind. I'm starting to really think you are psychic, as you claim O_o
Thou shalt not doubt your network administrator. Big Grin

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Heh.

I now have
Code:
[AI]
BuildConst=GACNST,NACNST,YACNST
BuildPower=GAWEAP,NAWEAP,YAWEAP
BuildBarracks=GACSPH,NAIRON,YAGNTC
BuildRefinery=GAWEAP,NAWEAP,YAWEAP

And the AI builds in this order after deploying its conyard: War Factory, low-level Super, War Factory, Base Defence (low level), Power Plant, Barracks.

After that it builds radar etc.. but it shouldn't build Power Plants at all, especially after all the code I did to disable them earlier. I haven't yet disabled base defences, but that has nothing to do with Power plants.

EDIT: After now using the GDI, Nod and Third PowerPlant= tags in the [General] section, the AI does not build any more Power plants. I also shrunk the [AI] section down to just BuildConst=GACNST,NACNST,YACNST and BuildPower=GAWEAP,NAWEAP,YAWEAP.

I've also put AIBuildThis=no on all War Factories.

Not building any more Power Plants is great, but now all the AI does is build infinite War Factories. The other problem is that the Yuri AI builds slave Mienrs from the War Factories, even when I tried disabling them with this code:

Code:
Prerequisite=REINFORCE ;(an incredibly high tech)
TechLevel=11
Have you tried TechLevel=-1 on the SlaveMiner?
All that will do is make it unavailable to the player, not the AI. TechLevel=11 makes it unavailable to players and the AI. At least in most cases.

Here we have a case of hardcoding - the AI uses the structures in those BuildConst=, BuildBarracks= etc. tags in every skirmish game regardless of TechLevel=.

Thanks for trying though.

Update:In the [General] section, I set AISlaveMinerNumber= to 0,0,0, and now the Yuri AI doesn't make any Slave Miners! Sweet.

But it still builds over 3 War Factories...

Another update:

By setting GDIPowerPlant=GAPILE, NodRegularPower=NAHAND and ThirdPowerPlant=YABRCK in the [General] section, and having in the [AI] section [AI] BuildConst=GACNST,NACNST,YACNST, BuildPower=GAWEAP,NAWEAP,YAWEAP, and BuildBarracks=GACSPH,NAIRON,YAGNTC, I have managed to fix things.

Now, the AI will do this and ONLY this: deploy conyard, build war factory, build low-level superweapon.

Shame it doesn't build units but I had expected it not to under the strict rules of this game mode. At least now though, it obeys the mode's rules Big Grin