Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revision  #0035
Revision #0035 comes!
Bug-fix:
  *Radiation on snow maps work correct
  *NewNuke SW work now
NOTE: You should install it to original Rock Patch 1.08 SE (#0027)
1) Extract RPRevision0035.exe from RPRevision0035.zip
2) Copy to your YR directory (with GAMEMD.EXE file)
3) Run it
4) Press "Install" button

Attached Files
.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">RPRevision0035.zip (Size: 38.45 KB / Downloads: 1 342)
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Administrative Notice:

Moved this to News since no revision has appeared there yet, and this way we'll catch people who're only checking the RTB page for updates.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
No.
I think: it should be moved back Tongue
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

why? Its better when you can se it in news
It said I can't patch gamemd.exe. Game patched to 1.001 and Rock Patch 1.08SE installed.
for me the progress bar of the installer simply halts at about 5/6... so it didn't get installed I suppose.

that's not good.
and what's #0027? it's the one available on the file DB right?

this revision system confuses me <.<
[Image: jsfml.png]
#0027 is RP 1.08 SE, the one with big text for download link in da news Smile
ok... well, as said, the installing progress simply halts after a while -> CAN'T INSTALL = not good
[Image: jsfml.png]
Would it not be a better idea to make the new revisions installable over the previous revisions, so we don't have to keep reverting back to 1.08SE to install a new revision?
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
problem there is, some lazy modders such as myself havn't installed any revisions. although i did download #0029, i havn't done any modding since then.
Quote:for me the progress bar of the installer simply halts at about 5/6... so it didn't get installed I suppose.
Strange... Unhappy
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Bobingabout Wrote:problem there is, some lazy modders such as myself havn't installed any revisions. although i did download #0029, i havn't done any modding since then.
I meant it could be installable over either the original 1.08SE or over any revisions, so no-one has to keep reverting.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
The RockPatch, revisions, and Launch Base:

1. CnCVK has strayed from the version naming convention established by myself and pd, by using "SE" instead of "b". This may cause some confusion for users, as Launch Base calculates required string version (1.08b) from an integer version (10802). Ideally, it would help if CnCVK stuck to the conventional format (this same format is being used by the TX which makes thins nice and easy).

2. CnCVK will be able to use the Launch Base Mod Creator to create the Launch Base version installers for the Rock Patch, instead of sending them to me first.

3. However, whilst CnCVK will now create the installers, he will need to submit a security file for me to process first (this will need to be done for each new release but the turnaround will be much quicker than before).

4. The new installers will not be multi-language. CnCVK will need to create a separate installer for each language.

5. Revisions are not encouraged by Launch Base and not catered for, however they are possible if you are careful and follow some simple instructions.

6. I'm hoping that no one will insist on having a non-LB installer. If they do then I will provide CnCVK with a program to generate the currently-used installer.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
RE: 4 & 6:
That's one more drawback of launch base against Mod Creator, and, imo, a very good reason to stick with the old installer...how many new strings are there? Ten? Twenty? And you want people to download an entirely different exe for that?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I could create a multi-language version of the LB RockPatch install-maker, it would just take a few hours. I just reasoned it would save me the time and hassle (as LB Mod Creator already does everything except for that), given that no user is going to suddenly change language.

Launch Base has exactly the same multi-language capability as XCC Mod Creator in the partial string-tables, it just can't provide alternate cameos (for example) in the same installer... yet. If there is enough demand for it then I'll look at adding it in a future version.

Perhaps for RockPatch I should provide CnCVK with a fully automated dual-LB/nonLB installer as a separate program - I just have to find the time to do it.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.