Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old content for YR
Alright, I didn't want to be a n00b about this, so I looked it up everywhere, and couldn't find a tutorial.Shift eyes
Does anyone know how to restore functionality to the Ion Storm and the hole in the space-time continuum thing from RA1, to YR?
Couldn't find a tut for it. Plus I decided if anyone needed to know in the future, it would be posted.
There. Done.Dark & Evil
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
It isn't possible to recreate the particular logics that cause certain units (like the Hover MRLS) to land during the storm, but it IS possible to clone the weather storm and activate it via map triggers. You would, perhaps, also wish to change the graphics, lighting, and various settings as well.

As for the time-rift.. I haven't yet thought of a good way to create it. You MIGHT be able to do it with lots of triggers, with the actual rift just being a unit with some fancy graphics and a tesla-ish weapon.

These techniques haven't really been documented, which explains why you haven't found any tutorials.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
I have cloned Weather Storm to make Ion Storm, but I wanted to know If its possible to make random Ion Storms again...thanks anyway.LOL
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

In that case, no, it isn't possible. I somehow figured you knew that so I didn't bother to say so. Smile
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
It's called a Time Quake, and DeeZire had something like it. I assume it was a particle, spawned by the destruction of a Chronosphere.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ahh...Thanks I'll go ask DZ.