Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Mail to the Host
I sent this mail to our host a minute ago. I'll post the follow-ups, if there are any. Post on their forums from the 29th says they were under heavy fire from some DDoS-attack. But that was three days ago, and it'd be continuous, if that was still the case. As you might tell, I'm rather pissed off by them right now.

Renegade Wrote:You know, it's invoice day soon.
But right now, I'm pretty fucking reluctant to pay. 'cause the server was just down again.
It's time you finally fix that machine, or I'm gone. It can't be that within the course of five days, the server goes down eight or more times. Period.

In addition, even if you finally get that piece of junk to stay up, you seriously need to change your attitude towards customers. On one hand, you claim your support to be soooo great that "many companies choose to outsource thier support to us." - yet on the other hand, you don't even notify your very own customers when the server goes down or care to give an explanation for it. Your last post in the news is almost a year old. Your posts in the forums only come when customers demand to know wtf is going on. So even if the server stays up, and even if it wasn't your fault (again), I expect you to show some interest in your customers in the feature. You may not care about us, but I have to explain other people why their website is unreachable. And I'd like an explanation myself. This cannot go on.

If it's easy enough to send everyone a nice "We expect your payment on day X"-email, you can't tell me it's too hard to send everyone a mail "This is why the server was down".

Hoping it changes
Charly

P.S.: That typo in the quote is really there. And there's still dozens of dead/worthless links on the page. For months now. You might want to fix that.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
The mail is from yesterday, so it took them only a day to reply.
X1 Wrote:Good Morning,
Thank you for your time in bring your concerns to my attention. We have been working to better provide RELIABLE service to our customers. We have recently contracted additional server management staff and I believe you will start to see an increase in reliability.

We will also make a more concentrated effort to make our customers more aware of potential downtime and explain any unexpected downtime.

Thank you again for your attention to the matter and if there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.
Very Respectfully,
Darin Stockman
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.