Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I.......
[img][Image: unfinished.gif][/img]
how do i remove til errors?
RTFM?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
basicly, you need to complete that cliff, the error occured because the cliff is incomplete.
Bullshit. That's not the problem.
But it's an obvious one for anyone who
a) logically thinks about what he's doing, and
b) actively tries to find out how to draw cliffs correctly.

Whoever tells him what he did wrong gets banned (until I say otherwise). Hints allowed. Links to guides not.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ctrl-F. (In FA2, not here.)

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
HINT: something needs to be erased...(how vague, sorry)
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
Nothing needs to be erased.
Forum Rules

Leveled out and the cliff finished, yes. But, it seems that you might be using the auto-level cliffs tool, which is usually what causes those.

I could be crazy though...
Switch to framework mode (the fancy colored box.) You'll find you're missing a ramp. ie. 0025 (Slope Set Pieces.)  I recommend you click F1 within FA2 and read everything in "Tutorials - 1. Multiplayer Map Full Tutorial" As well as everything else in there. Also, use framework mode a lot and i recommend you not use any of the automated tools.
tmapm Wrote:You'll find you're missing a ramp.
Modder666 Wrote:it seems that you might be using the auto-level cliffs tool, which is usually what causes those.
thats what i meant when i said it was caused by an incomplete cliff.

you either need a ramp, or to continue it to the edge of the map.
Wtf (disbelieving) What exactly is so hard to understand about "Whoever tells him what he did wrong gets banned (until I say otherwise)."? Lift eyebrow

I mean, do I have to serve a round of 1-day-bans just to make sure we're clear on who's the admin?
The message you just send that n00b is "no, you don't have to use the basic cognetive features of your body, we'll just guide you through your incompetence."

There is no need to get technical on this issue - if he had just booted up his brain and opened his eyes, he'd have seen that his front yard is drawn on a higher level than the cliff base. It's as simple as that. But thanks to you guys, he'll never have the feeling he should actually think about what he just did. Just go spam RPNF, they'll help with anything...Rolling eyes

Guess I'll have to be more strict on the Commandments, if I can't trust the users to respect my authoritah on their own...
Forum Rules

If I have broken any forum rules by helping him, do what you must. A judge ought to enforce the laws that are in place otherwise he/she would be a bad judge.
Sorry Renegade, but I'm not so great at hinting, only telling the facts, and since he's already been told what's wrong...I was thinking he could have erased some cliffing that was in the way and that would have fixed it too. Thats all. (If cliffing is a word)
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
tmapm Wrote:If I have broken any forum rules by helping him, do what you must. A judge ought to enforce the laws that are in place otherwise he/she would be a bad judge.

You definately broke the rules. The question is, why? Why so blatantly disregard my orders?
Forum Rules

Because even if you have given up on "n00bs", I haven't.  Your threat was empty because I wasn't self focused. I wasn't going to go along with the plan so I could "look good" for all of you. How selfish that would have been! I was concerned about helping "Guest". If you ask someone for an apple, you don't want them to give you a peach.