Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  Reconnection errors
well, there have been a lot of reports about units being immune to the new immune stuff when they arn't suposed to be, if 1 player was set to be immune to it, and not a different player, due to this error, then that would most definitly cause a recon. go play a skirmish as CDA using the freeze tank, add in the multiplayer starting unit tag if you want, go attack some of the enemies. the only un its that are suposed to be immune to the Liqued Nitrogen, thats the beam, or the radiation, are the Liqued nitrogen tanks themselves. if anything else is immune, you are seeing the effects of the error.

so, yes, i beleave it is a problem with the immunity logic, is there anything you can do about that?
I've had another problem with the immunity logic, it doesn't work for me, at least not for my EMP weapons. I know the NonVehicle tag should fix that, but then the vehicle can't be hijacked (not normally anyway). My toxin weapon, which uses a particle system like the Devil's Tongue, doesn't work in the immunities either.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:I've had another problem with the immunity logic, it doesn't work for me, at least not for my EMP weapons. I know the NonVehicle tag should fix that, but then the vehicle can't be hijacked (not normally anyway). My toxin weapon, which uses a particle system like the Devil's Tongue, doesn't work in the immunities either.

ATTENTION: Posts, which topic not reconnections errors, will be removed without any questions.

@Bobingabout:
You should test RP with disabled immune.
I will upload patch in the next week  Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Well you started it by talking about a problem with ImmunityTypes, which then got us talking about problems with ImmunityTypes.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
immune logic now NOT cause reconnection errors Smile
I fix itSmile
I changed only ONE byte...fantastic, isn't it?

Quote:talking about problems with ImmunityTypes.
No. We are talking only about reconnection errors here Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

cool, maybe it was just a typo on PDs part?
Quote:maybe it was just a typo on PDs part?
no.
one byte because I had changed jump offset.
PD didn't clear variable on exit Unhappy
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

so, is there any fix/patch for that trouble?
Check my C&C Renessans for YR on ModDB HERE
[Image: renubarcl5.gif]
[Image: rs.gif]
Yes, please release a patch with reconnection, i want to play online with some mods! Smile
I just recently downloaded Mental Omega v2.0a and the RockPatch v1.08SE and was playing an online multiplayer game with my friend who did the same thing.  We got to connect, choose countries (I was Allied-America and he was Soviet-North Korea) and ai's (2 PsiCorps), and start the game.  In game we were doing fine until we got a Reconnection Error.  We tried again, and bam another reconnection error.  We also tried (me-America, him  Soviet-Cuba) and yet another reconnection error.  I read forums and what I've learned is that the game only crashes if 1 of the countries is a Soviet country and the spyplane is used, a centurion is built, and that the RockPatch is incompatible with The First Decade  (I have the originals RA2, Yuri's Revenge CD's my friend has The First Decade).  How true is all these?  Is there any remedies or fixes?  Is there a different patch version that works with TFD?  Or do we have to wait for a new version of the patch?   Thanks to whomever takes time in responding and giving me the answers.
As far as I know The First Decade has been supported in RP 1.08 onwards. Perhaps post your SYNC*.txt and CnCVK could look at it.
Ares Project Manager.
PM if interested.
No.
I do NOT need SYNC* files at all -> so don't post it here Unhappy Unhappy
Wait the next Rock Patch .

Quote:RockPatch is incompatible with The First Decade
people said what it works Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!