Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNES
Hello all, i gather you here to discuss the SNES and what makes it truly great.

Games wait for nobody, They are there to be played.
Was hoping someone would start this! Big Grin

Super Mario Allstars (just so I don't have to list all the Mario games Tongue),
Contra the hard 2D shootemup,
Super Mario RPG, it never came out in the UK so boot up an emulator and find the joy of Nintendo/Square Enix cross!

More to come!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
I'm jsut waiting for Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger for the Virtual Console on Wii...

Now I know that I could paly them emulated. I even have an American copy of the PS2 Final fantasy CHronicles which has Chrono Trigger on it (yet to find time to play it).

But the point for me is simple: the Virtual console gives Nintendo/Squaresoft a chance to do something they missed with the SNES - release Mario RPG and Chrono Triger in Europe/Australia/New Zealand. And vice versa - Terranigma (sequel to the amazing Illusion of Time) was never released outside Europe and Japan!

Now I've heard some werid thing that even with Virtual console capabilities, they may stick to original release locations only - by which I mean, games that were never released in Europe will STILL not be released in Europe for the Virtual Console. Please let this be untrue, Nintendo...

Also, I'm hoping that there will be all sorts of obscure VC games. Not jus tthe most popular ones. Because I've already played many many of the popular ones.

Bad news Whiteboy, the Virtual Console will be region specific games like the regular versions of the console, so no Mario RPG for us or even Goldeneye because the Rights to the Bond franchise is no longer Rares!

So it's as I feared. Well hopefully Nintendo will changed their minds later.. for now I can always play them on my PC/Playstation Tongue

darksponge Wrote:Hello all, i gather you here to discuss the SNES and what makes it truly great.
A Link to the Past. Nuff said. Tongue

I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
*dies at the mere mention of the name of that game*

I actually played the GBA port of LttP before buying the SNES one... the game of course was nowhere near up to the hype it always carries, but even after playing it years after release it was still good.

The original is vastly superior. I'm still trying to break 4:45 as my time for competing the game with 100%. Tongue
I've gotten my time to about 4:52 at 100% and hovering 4:00 just playing through.

Also, the lack of Super Mario World in this topic saddens me. That game is superior to all Mario games ever.

Beowulf Wrote:Also, the lack of Super Mario World in this topic saddens me. That game is superior to all Mario games ever.
i agree, i have that game, on a seperate cartrage before it was merged with allstars (all stars include super mario brother, lost levels, mario 2 and mario 3). i also have the GBA version of it.

Aye, me too. I don't mention it simply becaue it's downright obvious that it's a great game Tongue

For me, it's better than Mario 3, Mario 2, Yoshi's Island, the original Mario Bors.... and even Mario 64. Though Mario 64 and Mario 3 both come SO close.

Super Mario World was too easy compaired to Mario 3!

I had 100% complete in a week, thats all exits, secret coins and the secret level hidden in Star Road!

you must be good, i can't complete it. my brother did most of it when we played on the SNES, i'm only upto world 7, and although i have the secret section in star road reveiled, i havn't done any of the secret levels, i think i gave up after trying to fly under the exit, to find the secret exit after it. that level, i tried several times and just can't complete it.

its crazy how you could complete the main 5 points in star road, then exit at the entrance to koopa castle.

Yep, mega-shortcut. But also not obvious to find on a first playthrough. I loved the easter Egg in the super-secret levels overworld: after a while, the original Suepr Mario Bros. Tune kicks in!

A good way of going under exits is to "eject" from Yoshi. Just press A when you're riding him in the air, and Mario jumps off really high.

Yoshi's Sacrifice was well worth it!

It was either him or me! Tongue 2

Whiteboy Wrote:A good way of going under exits is to "eject" from Yoshi. Just press A when you're riding him in the air, and Mario jumps off really high.
Yes. I never was very good with the cape maneuvers. Tongue