Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New GAME
I had thought about our community C&C game: what it must be? 2D or 3D?
I really want to know: Who(if any) from community want to help me to create our community C&C game?
We need:
1)Programmers
2)Art designers
Also who can create 3D models?
Any suggestions?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

i mean no offence at all, but, everyone seems to be starting their own projects...
why not just join the CMP project, work on factions. thats suposed to be the community CnC.
Quote:why not just join the CMP project, work on factions. thats suposed to be the community CnC.
I can Smile
But rename it to C&C first.
and probably my coding style not very compatible with yours Unhappy
What you use?
C, C++, Delphi,...
if you use C++:
Managed, UnManaged, VCL, MFC,WIN API...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

We'll be trying to market the game commercially, so no rename to C&C. We'll be using C++, and we'll go for cross-platform compatibility, so no M$-related "extensions", libraries and APIs will be used.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:We need:
1)Programmers
2)Art designers
Also who can create 3D models?
I can do 3Ds, unless you're planning on converting them to voxels...Lift eyebrow
Otherwise, 3D buildings or tanks Big Grin, but people Unhappy (headshaking)

And (not to put Blade on the spot), but I think he does some exceptional artwork.

As for programming, I mainly do high-level, C++ kind of stuff, so if you decide to do something like Asm, then nevermind, too complicated 4 me
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
CMP already decided on C++
We use gcc (I use Dev-CPP with newest MinGW 32)
Currently we are deciding about Irrlicht/OGRE engine(if you want to do low level OpenGL stuff, then Irrlicht, cause we can modify that.
And I think it will take a little time before we get to 3D modelling part since I don't think this project will go very fast.
Visit RenProj IRC if you wanna ask stuff
I'm surprised I just found out about this...
To let you know, there are no copyright issues as long as its free, but if you're going commercial you'd have to skirt around 'Command & Conquer', and all things Tiberium or Red Alert.
Oh yeah, and OpenSun is being revitalized, Jon has 5 months off university and will be working on it, and there are some cool plans in the works, so if anyone's intersted in developing a free project with the C&C brand, you know where to look. Wink
That's some good news. Waiting to see something new on your forums... But we're going our way since we want to do it multiplatform (I still think about scrapping The Fragile Balance and making a C&C remake, since I plan for a free game- we'll just have a common engine)
I really hope you guys do make a C&C remake. I love C&C, and more choice can only be better for the people who want such a thing. Smile
New Game sounds interesting.
Well, why not making the game commercial?
Hm, I would like to help, but everything I can code is Java and C++ on the stupid promt. Unhappy
Hey, Ren! here you got a real reason to bash someone Tongue
For what? His post served more use than yours...
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:Oh yeah, and OpenSun is being revitalized, Jon has 5 months off university and will be working on it, and there are some cool plans in the works, so if anyone's intersted in developing a free project with the C&C brand, you know where to look
So why it called "OpenSun", not C&C <name go here>?
Quote:But we're going our way since we want to do it multiplatform
I really suggest you to create single-platform version at first.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I don't see any reason to not make it multiplatform from the start.
(I also don't see any reason to make it Windows only, except if I was Bill's fan)
C&C would probably be against EA's copyright...