Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New GAME
Quote:if you only support windows, you are helping support(I'd say create, but that happened over a decade ago.) the monopoly.
The thing about monopolies is they tend to die out. For example: Oil, Trains, automobiles...must I go on?Tongue

And when you say format description, what do you mean? I would be glad to help, but don't know what you mean...Bang head against wall

By the way, Windows XP 64 is crap, but as long as you go around the errors and do NORMAL stuff it really works great...

And Hey, if the developers use Windows, then its windows...oh well.
Just saying!Tongue
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
4StarGeneral Wrote:And Hey, if the developers use Windows, then its windows...oh well.
Just saying!Tongue
most of the developers of OpenTTD use linux. the 1 who doesn't uses MacOS. therefore the fact that they even support windows at all is down to generocity, kindness and the fact that they like multi-platforming their game(they have some weird ports).
Quote:you should really support windows, linux and macOS
I talk: at first I will write a game version for Windows Smile

Quote:I design it for windows only, if anybody want multiplatform support,when project will be finished he can do it

Quote:if you use it, and say its good, then maybe i should give it a try. (i was going to buy it)
Yes. You can have problems with drivers, no MS-DOS, Win16 apps Unhappy
But I can use DWORD64 and all new technologys without problems Smile

Quote:And when you say format description, what do you mean? I would be glad to help, but don't know what you mean.
W3D = Westwood 3D
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

If you are going to develop primarily for windows, at least use open source libraries for functionality and open standards for implementation and make documentation pretty clear so that porting is much easier. You should as good practice make it as modular as possible and keep windows specific stuff in its own modules again to make porting easier.
Quote:at least use open source libraries for functionality
I not want to use libraries at all Smile Only DirectX, OpenGL
all other I want to code by my hands LOL
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Oh now I know...
There really isn't any information out there about W3D...Unhappy
You might as well use the SAGE engine which people actually know about...LOL
But I do have a website for you, you could try and ask this guy...
http://www.janipenttinen.com/resume.htm
Good Luck!Thumbs up
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Question:
Have you guys settled on the type of game you are making. 3d or 2d like YR or a hybrid set up that will be 3d but use some of the elements of the 2d game that made it easy to use?

Like tiles to set up maps and voxels for units. That some thing to think about when you build this engine. How easy or hard it is to edit the game for a entry level mapper. Some thing I did like about TS/RA/YR is in ten minutes you can have a basic map set up and ready to play. Also if you go the hybrid avenue there are existing open source tools you can use with some modifications.
faction, destructivality and kiith-sa's game are all going to be 3d, as for CnCVK's game, i don't have a freaking clue.
However, at first, we need define project's rules and plans Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

why you starting your own game anyway? why not come and join factions, destructivality or kiith-sa's game?(or for now, the ENGINE team.)
If you want it portable, don't use directX.
Not to get off topic CNCVK, but...What do you use for assembly? I can't find a good one.
(At least now I can read your avatar.)LOL

And what about the rules and plans, should just compile some ideas? Like make a thread of it?

he's using...
disassembler: IDA Pro, probably latest version
hex editor: (I used) HexWorkshop
that's all you need.

no DirectX please, btw
OpenGL is a good thing to build a completely costum engine, cause it really just gives you the basics.
[Image: jsfml.png]
Quote:why you starting your own game anyway? why not come and join factions, destructivality or kiith-sa's game?(or for now, the ENGINE team.)
I think about it still Smile

Quote:no DirectX please, btw
OpenGL is a good thing to build a completely costum engine, cause it really just gives you the basics.
When we start to write a DrawClass for example
we can think a lot about it Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Thanks PD! It helps alot.LOL
By the way, I know you left and it's not any of my business, but what's goin' on with you? You still hangin' around and doin' some projects here and there? Just wondering...