We wait Unhappy
But we know what it will a great f**e?!
I have suggestion:
We can start out own Command & Conquer game Smile
now you thinking about copyrights?
However Rock Patch break it many times Smile

Any suggestions here?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Well, there is OpenSun already (reportedly not dead)
and Factions, though that's not a C&C...
If you start anything, maybe I'll help with something, but that would only be something if I have time, which is set to false for few months ahead. Perhaps we should first see, if (if it's really not dead), how goes OpenSun with copyrights (They are/were trying to avoid most of them)
factions isn't just factions, factions is renegades project, we are working together on the engine, but there will be 3 games, factions, destructivality, and whatever your game project is called. we currently don't have an engine project name, which would refer to all 3 game projects collectivly.

although it is possible to add another game to the list, we encourage people to join 1 of the 3 existing teams, after all, we don't want these games to end up like mods, which are never completed because everyone wants to go and start their own.
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
stage 1, the engine would require only programmers.

stage 2, the games, would require basicly, 3 entire willing modding teams.

stage 1 doesn't have to be complete to enter stage 2.

you shouldn't pick a game till you've read all 3, however, ren won't let me put destructivality information online untill we have an engine project name. currently factions is Factions:Main. he wants to change this to Engine:Factions:Main, Engine:Destructivality:Main etc...
Kiith-Sa Wrote:[...]
and Factions, though that's not a C&C...
[...]
How is our $pimpedC&CClone different from any other planned $pimpedC&CClone?

Bobingabout Wrote:[...]he wants to change this to Engine:Factions:Main, Engine:Destructivality:Main etc...
Yuck. I'd never put double colons. Engine:Factions, Engine:Destructivality, etc. for the main pages, and pages like Engine:Factions_Background² or Engine:Factions_-_Background² for others.

²These two would display as "Engine:Factions Background" and "Engine:Factions - Background" respectively.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:[...]he wants to change this to Engine:Factions:Main, Engine:Destructivality:Main etc...
Yuck. I'd never put double colons. Engine:Factions, Engine:Destructivality, etc. for the main pages, and pages like Engine:Factions_Background² or Engine:Factions_-_Background² for others.
whatever, i didn't know what exactly you wanted to change them to, just that you wanted to change them to Engine:something. can we come up with some sort of name for Engine?
comment to OpenSun: I wrote a **small** YR-like engine that could display small (flatland) maps and you could build buildings by pressing keys and change house colors etc when OpenSun didn't even have a trace of a concept yet.
it might not be dead, but they'll never get started.

don't talk about "how about making our own community C&C", simply DO IT and make a start!
just a suggestion...

my engine was based on SDL and pretty badly coded (I could do much better in much less time by now, I made that clone half a year ago or something like that), so I didn't release it.
if anyone's interested, however, I might give it out.

EDIT:
Nah, before anyone thinks I'm talking crap here, here's the MSVC++6 project with all the SDL libraries and stuff:
http://rtb.strategy-x.com/yr_clone.rar

warning: bad c++ coding.
you probably can't make any use of it but who cares.

and don't ask me why there's an error after you close it, I really dunno, probably because of the bad coding.

here's the key functions:
[ESC] - quit

[1] to [8] I think: change player (you see your currentcolor in the top right corner)
[Q] to [I]: build a tech center (can't recall why it's just tech centres I know you could place others once)
[A] to [K]: damage tech center (yep, damaging works!! no fire though)

selling works like in the original game. click the sell button on the sidebar and click on your building (blue player can sell the blue tech center only etc)

[arrow keys]: scroll map

don't be surprised if the "game" crashes randomly, again no idea why, again it's probably the bad coding's fault

but anyway, the point of all this is to warn you that you shouldn't start discussing over everything and never get started, but simply do something and make it open source.
you see, if I was a better coder back in those days and that engine would actually be good, we might be close to a community c&c already.
if I began discussions over it, we might still be discussing without anything useful having been done... like OpenSun
[Image: jsfml.png]
I would definitely help with a new game project, as I am currently learning asm and know C++, hex (which really doesn't do anything great), and a couple others. And as to copyright laws, there is a loop hole in everything! you just have to find it...

But ya why not? No one has done anything about RockPatch.
(*knocking on wood*)
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
Quote:Well, there is OpenSun already (reportedly not dead)
However, OpenSun project have some mistakes Unhappy
Quote:don't talk about "how about making our own community C&C", simply DO IT and make a start!
I can Smile But I need support.
Quote:how goes OpenSun with copyrights
Rock Patch are broke it already Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:how goes OpenSun with copyrights
Rock Patch are broke it already Smile

rockpatch is different though, plus PD got permission from EA's public relations dude "Apoc". rockpatch is mearly an extension to modding, not a full blowen new game. aslong as you don't try and sell rockpatch, it'll be alright.
Well, the thing is, you start, release something, and so you get support.
I know about OpenSun's mistakes (for me that would be mainly DirectX and too much of Microsoft stuff)
Quote: aslong as you don't try and sell rockpatch, it'll be alright.
Who say, what I want to selling the new game?
Quote:I know about OpenSun's mistakes (for me that would be mainly DirectX and too much of Microsoft stuff)
Not this. It's normal Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

no, it's not normal, such projects should *really* be platform-independent these days.

unless you want to make a 3D game (dunno about this possible project's concept), I'm finding SDL being a really cool base for a game. you should give it a try
[Image: jsfml.png]
even 3D games can be SDL. ever played Warzone 2100? i dunno about the original sold game, but the multi-platform downloadable OS version is SDL, OpenGL and OpenAL.

making a game spacific for 1 platform is generally what big companies like EA do. most projects like this take the multi-platform path.
Well, something like that should definitely be platform independent, and even with SDL you can make good 3D, it depends on your OpenGL skills. Or, for instance, Factions will use CrystalSpace. (http://www.crystalspace3d.org)
Also, if you are really considering this, you should definitely go for 3D. There's nothing on that harder than 2D. (Unless you wanna make Crysis like effects)
OpenGL supports all features DirectX does, it will have slight disadvantage when DirectX10 will be out, but OpenGL 3.0 will take it back to normal.
also, we could use you on our programming team if you are interested VK Tongue just join the IRC channel #renproj on the irc.Gamernet.org server. its a german server IIRC, but, you can change your personal settings to report in english, or whatever language once you register.