Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Sync Error on Beacon Placement (split off Patching extra func...)
i tried to play a network game with hunty last night. first thing to note is the lack of the tech level sider.

anyway, it kept crashing. seems to crash whenever hunty places a beacon. now, i have no idea if its mod or patch related, but it only seems to do it when you are well into the game, we did some trial runs placing beacons down as soon as we started, and it wasn't crashing, but he placed 1 about 30 mins into a game and it crashed.

i also got 1 recon error. is it possibly liqued nitrogen causing the problem (new radiation)? i was also annoyed that i couldn't kill the GGI's with liqued nitrogen, they were immune, and arn't suposed to be o_O

now, PD used to look at the error and log files to help determine what the cause of the crash was, can CnCVK do that if i provide files? i have except.txt and debug.txt from the beacon IE, and a recon0.txt from the recon. note: i tried the exceptchecker thing, and it just crashes on both me and hunty.
Quote:i tried to play a network game with hunty last night. first thing to note is the lack of the tech level sider.
Internet or Network?
Quote:anyway, it kept crashing. seems to crash whenever hunty places a beacon. now, i have no idea if its mod or patch related, but it only seems to do it when you are well into the game, we did some trial runs placing beacons down as soon as we started, and it wasn't crashing, but he placed 1 about 30 mins into a game and it crashed.
Strange...
Quote:now, PD used to look at the error and log files to help determine what the cause of the crash was, can CnCVK do that if i provide files? i have except.txt and debug.txt from the beacon IE, and a recon0.txt from the recon. note: i tried the exceptchecker thing, and it just crashes on both me and hunty.
Send it, but it can help only sometimes Smile
Quote:exceptchecker
I have plans to create .... Except Checker 2
Which have more error codes, database upgrade by internet LOL
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:i tried to play a network game with hunty last night. first thing to note is the lack of the tech level sider.
Internet or Network?
network, as in LAN, i went to his house last night.
CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:now, PD used to look at the error and log files to help determine what the cause of the crash was, can CnCVK do that if i provide files? i have except.txt and debug.txt from the beacon IE, and a recon0.txt from the recon. note: i tried the exceptchecker thing, and it just crashes on both me and hunty.
Send it, but it can help only sometimes Smile
i'll have to send them later. i supose you'll want hunty's files too, which might be a bit of a problem unless he posts them himself. hunty if you are reading this, and still have those files, post them Tongue
Sorry m8, i dont have my except files, i cleared them out as soon as they proved useless lol... Sorry
.......CNC Was My Life.......
..I Now Live a Lonly Life Amongst The World of Work..
The Revolution:ROTC
well, my except (from beacon) but the other files are larger than the attachment limit.

Attached Files
.txt   Less than 1 minute ago">except.txt (Size: 24.66 KB / Downloads: 432)
sync0.txt is obvously caused by a desync. i presume it was caused by newrad, but if you can figure out what it was, you might be able to fix something.

except.txt and debug.txt(open in wordpad) were created by the IE when hunty placed a beacon. debug.txt was because PD's logger was on.

Attached Files
.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">error.zip (Size: 120.69 KB / Downloads: 459)
However thread name is:
Code:
Patching extra functionality into <gamemd.exe>
NOT discuss errors here!

Quote:well, my except (from beacon) but the other files are larger than the attachment limit.
Error in radar code?! dividing by zero.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:
Quote:well, my except (from beacon) but the other files are larger than the attachment limit.
Error in radar code?! dividing by zero.
any idea what could be causing that when we place a beacon?
Quote:Error in radar code?! dividing by zero.
Not here Smile

ERROR: RDRBEACN.SHP was missing in SIDEC04.MIX.
"Failed to load RadarBeaconArtProcessing NET_PROGRESS_REPORT"
- Debug.txt, line 1301

Read debug.txt sometimes LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

so its me mod, thanks for the help.

now i understand why it crashes mid-game, but not early game, early game we don't have radars, mid-game we do Tongue

found anything usefull with the desync?
Here NOT errors discussions
Here NOT a mod's errors detect
MadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMadMad
Create new thread with name like this:
"Errors" -or- "RP errors" -or- ...

and before, you should test it Unhappy
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I would like to remind people that the bugtracker is the preferred place for reporting errors.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
can you split the topic or something?

anyway, this kinda was the test. it is very rare i get the opertunity to visit hunty, and these are the only occasions i get to try a network game.

i am told that there is desync problems with newrad, if thats true, i hope the sync0 file can be some use.

Administrative Notice:

Split the thread. However, if you just stopped discussing your errors here when you were told the first time, this wouldn't be necessary...Rolling eyes
Bugtracker, next time.

And the fact that it was a rare opportunity to crash your mod is independent from the fact that you contiue(d) to post despite being asked not to.
Or are you suggesting you were still at Hunty's, and Hunty's net connection can only post in the Patching extra functionality thread? Lift eyebrow Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Renegade Wrote:And the fact that it was a rare opportunity to crash your mod is independent from the fact that you contiue(d) to post despite being asked not to.
Or are you suggesting you were still at Hunty's, and Hunty's net connection can only post in the Patching extra functionality thread? Lift eyebrow Wink
no, that was a responce to

CnCVK Wrote:and before, you should test it Unhappy

however, i'm still interested in knowing why it desynced, it only did it once, and that was the only time i was shooting stuff with a freeze tank, because i got it in a crate, so, i suspect its got something to do with newrad.