Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like to help
Exclamation 
I'll put it plain and simple. I want to help with the RockPatch if possible. I can code with certain things (i.e. C++), and can learn many programs relatively quickly. So if you would like any help, just tell me. I usually check the forums, ModEnc, etc. every other day so I'll be in touch. Thanks.
P.S.
(I have alot of free time) Thumbs upNot worthy
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
Do you know assembly?? As far as I understand, it is pretty much written in that and then converted to machine code.
Ohh, it is? Well I just need a program to read it in C++ then I guess, right?
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

There is no such thing. You need to know assembly, and there is no way to reprocess it into higher-level code.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Hmm...Well...Uh...ya... Ok well does anyone care or have time to tell me how? Or is it too complicated? I learn quickly.ConfusedNot worthy

Why not read up on it yourself if you are intertested and decide for yourself if it is too complicated for you to learn or not?
Well thanks for tellin me then. I'll go try and figure it out while I Bang head against wall and slowly Dead of frustration.

well, why do you think it was years before PD came? its like the hardest language you can learn, and even harder to work backwards. CnCVK is some kind of a genius. PD was pretty bright too.

you know, there is another project going on around here to write a game engine, that project is C++
"PD was pretty bright too" :rofl But not anymore ? LOLLOL
Just kidding Big Grin
BaRaKa_ Wrote:"PD was pretty bright too" :rofl But not anymore ? LOLLOL
Just kidding Big Grin

no, he just leftBig Grin
Oh! Well then thanks for that tip.Big Grin
I'll look into that and if anyone can tell me more about it I'd be very thankful.

(Too bad PD left, he was darn good)Unhappy

4 StarGeneral
Maybe you can give a try at the Final Alert/Sun editors since these need some fixes, and there are far less complected. And will be needed if and when CnCvk gets the train Bridge up and running

And before some one says it the last time I tried I was one post from blew up on him.
http://forum.wagnerma.de/viewtopic.php?t=1471

Some of the more annoying problems should be simple one to fix. So you may want to start with then. Thats if you want to give it a try.
Well, if you wrote a perfect AI for doing that, you could (perhaps) make a asm to C++ translator But it would take more time than hacking RA2 into a DirectX 11 engine. Or perhaps at least some basic asm stuff thats used commonly could be detectable and siplified into a "more simple asm".
Assembly is specific to the processor platform (x86 in this case, 386 and above since its 32bit), its basically a kind of human readable direct representation of machine code... more readable than the binary code anyhow. I'm sure CnCVK or PD could explain some of the finer points, but unless you understand the basics of how to actually write some assembly code to accomplish stuff as you would in a higher level language like C, is there really any point them talking about it?

BTW, I believe there have been attempts to make decompilers that generate something like C code from a compiled binary, but they don't contain a lot of the contextual information or the comments that would have been in the original, making it hard to work out what anything does. A lot of information that is useful to the human writing a program, but not to the computer is stripped when a program is compiled.
Alright I'm back. In Order:

I will try to learn assembly code and once I get the hang of that I WILL TRY to do something with Final Alert/TibSun (free time permitting)

Maybe later I suppose after FA and TibSun I will make an Asm 2 C++ translator which would help EVERYONE, am I right?Thumbs up

AND thanks Blade for giving me an explanation at least of assembly.

I think that covers it. (man will I be busySleeping)

Oh and I wouldn't expect anything for a while since I need to learn assembly.Unhappy (headshaking)