Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple non-conflicting mods
Well, why does no one think of the game modes as an already configured and fully functional built-in mod manger? Hey, it just works, but unfortunately modders don't use it.
What?

Despite the many responses I tried to think of to that post, the only thing I keep coming back to is that you clearly don't have the first clue about mods for RA2/YR, so there's not much point responding to that post.

"game modes as an already configured and fully functional built-in mod manager" == FALSE
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Ok, sorry that post. I concede, it lacks some features. Wink

There are much things you can't change by the game mode inis. But it's okay for smaller mods... Hmmm, I definitely should think more of what I'm posting.... and where. Arf
New option: Check Mod <.ypl> Files
If this option is turned on when you launch a mod, Launch Base will check if a mod has included any YRPM playlist files and check that you have activated one for the mod in question. If you haven't, a message will be displayed alerting you to this fact and giving you a chance to abort the mod launch.

I have also finished including all the preliminary calls to DCoder's DLL. The only thing that remains is to write the interface routines. So it's over to DCoder now to finish the DLL!
--Lysdexia

*Pokes DCoder* Get it done!
Another change:
I have scrapped the status bar and community messages in favour of 'Catalogue Mods'. These are 'bare-bones' mods that only include information and possibly the mod's manual. They can also be converted into the full mod using the Check For Updates facility.
In Options you can choose whether or not to show catalogue mods.
LBMC allows you to create catalogue mods. If you submit a catalogue mod to me and it meets certain criteria then it may be included in an online collection of catalogue mods that can be downloaded to Launch Base in one hit.

On another note I have removed the 'silly ipb questions' as these were not really neccessary.
--Lysdexia

Two more minor features:
1. In Options, can now toggle on and off RA2/YR mods. So if you have, say, 100 mods, 50% of which are RA2 mods, and they're all intermingled, and you only want to browse the YR mods, then you can go to Options and say 'only show YR mods'.

2. Added ability to right click on a mod from the mods list and then 'Uninstall' (if the mod provides an uninstaller) or 'Delete' (if mod does not provide an uninstaller)

Also improved keyboard support - you *should* be able to control everything in Launch Base with the keyboard if you want to.
--Lysdexia

Has DCoder finished that dll yet? I'm still looking forward to working with this new distribution system.
Quote:Has DCoder finished that dll yet?
Almost... about two or three days of work left.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
it's been 3 days Big Grin 2
He never did say which 3 days he'd be doing the work in curiously...
Good point. DCoder's lazy enough to do it in three days, in like 4 months from now. Tongue
well, lazy isn't the word i'd use. he's probably tinkering with mybb code or something.
I'm sure he is lazy. Tongue

AFAIK, he's just working slow maybe? I don't know much, if it helps.
I would rather think he has more important things to attend to.

Edit: Not that this isn't important, it's very important. I just mean there's probably something more important to himself keeping him occupied.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.