Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide...
Related link: Category:XCC Mixer Tutorials.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Fixed the gate cameo problem, seems to have been a problem with the shp > jpeg > shp thing as I used the shp editor to alter the shps directly and now they work.

However...I now have a new problem.

Trying to add a medic unit and I'm using the tutorial from the Deezire page using some altered TS stuff that I downloaded (the medic shp and medic icon shp).
Everything seems set up right, but the unit doesn't appear on the toolbar at all.

In the Rulesmd.ini

;The Allied Medic
[MEDIC]
UIName=Name:MEDIC
Name=Medic
Category=Soldier
Primary=Heal
;Secondary=VirtualScanner ; gs the computer uses range to determine what buildings to run to and capture
Prerequisite=GAPILE,RADAR
CrushSound=InfantrySquish
LeadershipRating=3
Strength=75
Armor=none
TechLevel=1
Sight=4
;BombSight=4 ; detecting ivan's little friends
Speed=4
Pip=Blue
;Engineer=yes
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=500
Soylent=250
Points=5
IsSelectableCombatant=no
VoiceSelect=;EngAllSelect
VoiceMove=;EngAllMove
VoiceAttack=;EngAllMove
VoiceFeedback=;EngAllFear
VoiceSpecialAttack=;EngAllAttackCommand
VoiceEnter=;EngAllMove
VoiceCapture=;EngAllAttackCommand
DieSound=EngAllDie
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=0 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
SpecialThreatValue=1 ; this should be between 0 and 1
ImmuneToVeins=yes
GuardRange=9
Size=1
;PreventAttackMove=yes
IFVMode=1
Trainable=no
SelfHealing=yes

In the Artmd.ini

[MEDIC] ; Allied Medic
Cameo=MEDIICON
Sequence=EngineerSequence
Crawls=yes
Remapable=yes
FireUp=2

And just for good measure, his weapon from the rulesmd.ini aswell

[Heal]
Damage=-50
ROF=80
Range=1.5
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=100
Warhead=Organic
Report=HealCrate

He's basically a clone of the Engineer with a new weapon and appearence. I added him in the NAMES section using the XCC String editor so the name should be displayed correctly. I get absolutelty nothing come up, no icon, no invisible icon and no xxicon.

The cameo has 1 frame and is in the RA2 cameo pallet which it's been altered to display correctly in.

Why does nothing seem to work for me? Tongue
Did you add him to the [InfantryTypes] list?
[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
....just did....damn I feel like a moron....

Now he works fine Tongue 2

Another quick request, anyone know the tag that gives the attack cursor over your own units? I've got a feeling there is one but I can't find it in the rulesmd files anywhere.
"AttackCursorOnFriendlies=yes"
Ah that's the one. Cheers.

Annoyingly the "Organic" tag overrides that by the looks of it, meaning I'm going to have to alter the mouse.sha which I wanted to avoid doing.

Although I did have a looksie at the full range of mouse cursors, it's a shame some of them weren't used, the Desolators custom Rad Deploy one is sweet.
Anyone know if there's anyway to re-establish these to use in the game?

Gah, I'm still asking questions....
No known one, but you can re-order them to replace existing ones, and I don't know how mouse cursors on RP's custom actions work - maybe they allow that.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I was able to use the custom actions section to make existing actions point to other frames in mouse.sha (Heal and Tote in particular - added TS frames at the end), only problem was that they didn't animate.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Non animating? That's a shame. I might add that to the RP wishlist if it's not already there.
UseCustomCursor=
StartFrame=
NoofFrames=

And
UseCustomDeployCursor=
StartFrame=
NonofFrames=

Could be very usefull additions by the looks of it as they'd allow full use of the heal icon as well as the desolator and GI custom deploy ones too...

Edit: Ah it's already on there, good good.
Only problem is that as far as I know the GI deploy and Desolator deploy use the same Action. Are the tags you're suggesting meant to be on the infantrytype or somewhere else? Also, i've noticed the mouse pointer actually does animate, but only when you hold down a mouse button.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Well I pictured the UseCustomCursor= would go in the Weapons entry and the UseCustomDeployCursor= would go in the Infantry entry but due to the actions it makes something like that awkward.

I've heard people mentioning the actions quite a bit but do not fully grasp them (as I said originally I've recently only ventured past the rules and art ini files but am slowly getting there with more advanced stuff...very slowly Tongue 2 ).

Only animates when you hold the mouse down? How strange. I guess there must be a reason.
Gah, this is driving me crazy now...

I'll start at the begnning. When me and a few friends first started playing with the rulesmd.ini file a friend of ours kept giving us ideas for things to do.
One thing he kept REPEATEDLY going on about was the idea of a teleporting Libian Demolition Truck (or Chrono Nuke Truck as he called it).
He kept bugging us to make it to the point where it became a running joke and one time he passed me a note with three words written clearly on it:

GRONO
NUC
TRUCK

He swears blind that he wrote Chrono Nuke Truck but it simply wasn't true and as such he got mocked repeatedly about it but it did become legendary within our group, the Grono Nuc Truck was here to stay.

Since learning to mod a bit more I thought of reviving the Grono Nuc Truck in all it's glory as a super unit (since the thing would be damn cheep in battle).

Artmd.ini file

[GRONO]
Voxel=yes
Cameo=GRONOICON
Remapable=yes
PrimaryFireFLH=40,32,96
SecondaryFireFLH=-32,80,120
PBarrelLength=192

Rulesmd.ini file

;The Grono Nuc Truck
[GRONO]
UIName=Name:GRONO
Image=GRONO
Name=Grono Nuc Truck
Prerequisite=NAWEAP
Category=AFV
Primary=Demobomb
Secondary=none
Strength=200
Armor=light
Turret=no
TechLevel=10
Sight=5
Speed=5 ;changed on 11/29 from 6 to 5
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
RequiredHouses=Africans
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=2500
Soylent=1250
Points=80
ROT=5
Crusher=yes
SelfHealing=yes
Crewed=no
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=;DemoTruckSelect
VoiceMove=;DemoTruckMove
VoiceAttack=;DemoTruckAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=;DemoTruckDie
MoveSound=;DemoTruckMoveStart
CreateSound=;DemoTruckCreated
;Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
Locomotor={4A582747-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
Weight=2
MovementZone=Crusher
ThreatPosed=50 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
MaxDebris=20
DebrisTypes=TIRE
DebrisMaximums=4
Size=3
DeathWeapon=Demobomb
Explodes=yes
CanPassiveAquire=no ; Won't try to pick up own targets
CanRetaliate=no; Won't fire back when hit
Trainable=no
ChronoInSound=ChronoMinerTeleport
ChronoOutSound=ChronoMinerTeleport

Gronoicon is an altered version of the Demo truck cameo and Grono is the demolition trucks .vxl but renamed. Both have been added to a mix file and put in the RA2 file, and GRONO has been added to the unit list in the rulesmd file.
The prerequisit is just a soviet war factory, and yet the Nuc Truck does't show up at all Unhappy

Sooo....what have I done wrong this time?
Did you add the grono.hva also? Oh and the way you have it setup, it won't be teleporting anywhere.
.hva? That doesn't ring a bell. Where/what is it so I can find it an alter it Tongue 2

Also I was wondering about it actually teleporting correctly. The locomotor is taken from the chrono legionnaire, am I to assume from your comment that it won't work on a vehicle? Or is there some other problem I'm overlooking?
Amistat Wrote:.hva?  That doesn't ring a bell.  Where/what is it so I can find it an alter it Tongue 2

Also I was wondering about it actually teleporting correctly.  The locomotor is taken from the chrono legionnaire, am I to assume from your comment that it won't work on a vehicle?  Or is there some other problem I'm overlooking?

Every .vxl needs its associated .hva file. Since you said you renamed the DTRUCK.vxl look for the DTRUCK.hva with XCC Mixer. Extract it and rename it grono.hva. As for the teleporting you forgot this...

Teleporter=yes