Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dammit, I think I need an idiots guide...
The demo truck uses the trucka.vxl so I found and renamed the trucka.hva then put it in the expandmd file (or rather I made a fresh one to make sure it would work which included the gronoicon.shp, grono.vxl and grono.hva and deleted the other one to avoid problems) but still no luck.

And damn I feel stupid about the teleporter=yes thing.
Try them loose in the RA2 directory see if that works.
[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
Still no luck.

There must be something really basic I've missed.

I've added the rules entry (shown above) ([GRONO])
I've added it to the unit list in the rules entry (GRONO)
I've added the art entry (shown above)([GRONO])
I've added the voxel (grono.vxl)
I've added the hva (grono.vxl)
I've added the cameo (gronoicon.shp)
I've added it to the strings (The Mighty Grono Nuc Truck)

Anything else that jumps out at you as missing? I've added infantry easily enough but this is the first vehicle I've tried adding, curse these voxels!
Poking So it still doesnt work. Are you sure you added it to the [VehicleTypes] list? Also do you have msn or something similar, I can help you out faster there. my msn is wthigon@hotmail.com
Well I got it to work, took some time and searching of forums to figure it out. Look me up on msn.
Teleporter=yes on a VehicleType just says that if this unit has a Dock= it will teleport when told to dock in it, and drive around otherwise. The chrono/dummy locomotors create the teleportation.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
teleporter is also used when considering the chronosphere superweapon. you can chronoshify cleg fine in the chronoshift superweapon, but all other infantry fry.
That is for InfantryTypes, we are talking about VehicleTypes now. Tongue 2

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I think setting Teleporter=no on a VehicleType makes it blow up when chronosphere'd
Which would suggest that a subset of Teleport logic defaults to a different on/off state than other parts of the logic. Weird. Or rather, Westwood.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
The Grono Nuc Truck works!

Massive thanks to wthigon for sorting it out for me, much appreciated Smile