Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super swirly missiles
Try making it arcing, btw.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I had the same problem with a projectile exploding at Range 1 a few days ago, it only happened after I added the Level= tag. The Level tag had a similar problem on a structure's weapon. Try basing your missile's code off the Guardian GI's secondary weapon instead of the Typhoon's torpedoes. Just change the image to SUBTORP to make it look like the torpedo.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
This also happened to my AircraftType with very low FlightLevel.
It is indeed Level= , WW hacked it to spawn the projectile below the surface, since it was only used for the subs. CourseLockDuration= can help you fire the missile in a straight line, but observe what it does before using it.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
You can also achive a straight shot effect by using ROT=1, though this causes the projectile to be VERY sensitive to variations in terrain height and ramps (though depending on your situation, this may be very desirable).

I've also created another straight shot effect for vehicles, but it only works if the range is less than seven (if higher than six, it will have the arcing missile effect), though the exact formula is somewhat of a secret (even to me, as I created the effect simply by trial and error).
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
ROT=1 dont even let my infantry fire Unhappy
look at this bug
[attachment=74]

and code
[HuntRocketLuancher]
Damage=100
ROF=120
Range=16
Projectile=HuntRocketLuancherP
Speed=26
Report=FirecrackerAttack
Warhead=HuntRocketLuancherWH
FireInTransport=no

[HuntRocketLuancherP]
Image=ROCKET
Arm=2
Shadow=yes
Ranged=yes
ROT=12
AA=no
AG=yes
CourseLockDuration=500 ;Deezire sayd that how long time in frame the proj will go in a strange line so i put it inf.

If someone dont find any problem, that means i agin found a hardcoded bug!!
Why don't you just give it a ROT of 0 and make it arcing? *scratches head*
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Because then it will arc, which is not the best visual effect.

@TheMan
The CourseLockDuration=500 is what's causing the problem for you. Take it out. What it does is it tries to go in the direction it is fired for 500 somethings (i don't remember what units are used for this), and only THEN will it actually attempt to hit it's target.
but without arcing, it'll never hit with such a small ROT.
Forum Rules

Yes it will. I have done it... okay I guess this obligates me to show an example:

[Weapon]
Damage=20
Warhead=WeaponWH
Speed=90
Projectile=WeaponPROJ
Range=6
ROF=20

[WeaponPROJ]
ROT=1
SubjectToCliffs=yes
SubjectToElevation=yes
SubjectToWalls=yes
Never worked for me without arcing. Then again, this is Westwood code we're talking about.
Forum Rules

It might only work if the Range is less than 7..