Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super swirly missiles
I have a problem with my rockets fired from the air. They go straight through their target, turn around and head back the other way and off the map. They also don't seem to die once they leave the map as this causes extreme lag.

See attachment for example.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
[Image: sig.jpg]
Interesting...Smile
Similar Effect appear if you delete MinimumRange in [V3] weapon and try to fire it in the nearest cell...
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Are those projectiles or spawned missiles?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Regular old projectiles. Can you use spawned missiles on an air unit?

If you have the helicopter attack a smaller target like a tank, the missiles miss it as with the building and split off in both directions, curl back around and head off the map same as before so it's definatly a weapon problem but it seems to be range related and random i.e. sometimes all the missiles hit the target or they don't (one or the other). It happens at all different ranges and sometimes it doesn't happen at the same ranges, if you understand that.
Tratos Wrote:Regular old projectiles. Can you use spawned missiles on an air unit?
Not afaik, that's why I ask. Most of the effects you describe are typical for cloned spawned missile types (without RockPatch, that is).

Any special flags used on the projectiles/weapons?
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Weapon:
[CommancheBomb]
Damage=15
Burst=2
ROF=3
Range=5
Projectile=NormalBomb
Speed=30
Warhead=COMMANCHEAP
Report=HornetAttack

Projectile:
[NormalBomb]
Arm=2
Shadow=no
Proximity=yes
Ranged=yes
Image=DRAGON
ROT=1

Needs a higher ROT perhaps?
I had a problem like this before, only it was with a sort of torpedo projectile. I made them have a higher ROT and they appeared to be fixed.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:Can you use spawned missiles on an air unit?
Why not?LOL
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

ROT makes sense, assuming your missile can't hit the target because it went too far to the left or right, and it then tries to fly a circle to get it from behind.
Forum Rules

I believe you can use ROT=1, but you may need to adjust the FireAngle on the heli so that it fires more toward its target. But unless you are trying to achieve a special "straight firing" effect like the Osprey's weapon, you should just increase the ROT.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
snice this topic is about acceleration on missiles, i post my problem to, i dont even need to post a my code becuse i copy [sub]´s weapon and projectile and just changed name, and the result was that when i fired it exploded on the infanty , range changed to 1 when it fired(bad english Unhappy ), are they hardcoded?
might be due to the level flag, try removing it
Forum Rules

you mean Level=yes? i tried but game crashed(not I.E)
Renegade Wrote:ROT makes sense, assuming your missile can't hit the target because it went too far to the left or right, and it then tries to fly a circle to get it from behind.

I agree but it flies 180 degrees then continues in a straight line as if it lost the target.
TheMan Wrote:snice this topic is about acceleration on missiles, i post my problem to, i dont even need to post a my code becuse i copy [sub]´s weapon and projectile and just changed name, and the result was that when i fired it exploded on the infanty , range changed to 1 when it fired(bad english Unhappy ), are they hardcoded?

Is your weapon being fired by an infantry type unit? I have encountered similar problems. My guess is as good as Renegade's though: I would suspect the Level=yes tag of being the problem.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]