Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding custom/extra palettes
I recently found this message in the .exe file: "You have violated the limit of having only one extra building palette". IIRC, Ren tried custom palettes with Palette=X at DZ forums, but failed. This might be why, because the Statue Of Liberty already uses a custom palette. Thoughts?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Well I never cared of that, but that seems to be obvious.
Hell... the game's full of limits...
[Image: jsfml.png]
Shift eyes

If I ever get near those coders...
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
You'll congratulate them on a bang up job right? Tongue
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Actually, reading it again, it sounds kinda stupid.
They are the developers of the game. They do not support mods. Why the hell did they add such a message?
I mean, it's not like coders would go "Oh well *shrug*" and use a different palette - they could just go to the programmer and say "Yo, I need this palette to work!" and he changes a certain expression and there it works.

What I mean is, coders and programmers were either pretty fucking close together, or even the same person. Why did they need such error messages?

Plus, when would it appear? There certainly wasn't an IE-style windows-message telling me that text when I added my building. It just looked horrible.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
It might have to do with working out of 2 offices, one in Vegas and the other in L.A.
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
Quote:Plus, when would it appear? There certainly wasn't an IE-style windows-message telling me that text when I added my building. It just looked horrible.

I can tell you where it appeared: In a log file.
The game DEFINITELY wrote a log file during development.

At every place those texts appear (there are plenty of them), a routine is being called. This routine has been emptied, so the game doesn't write the file anymore.
All those texts are debugging messages, like in the RMG "Seeding water" etc.
So the texts were written for debugging purposes.
Maybe they wanted to have a log file to offer a better support... (good joke, huh?)
Anyway, as we know WW was a lazy troup, and they just didn't delete the texts, but just the log file writing routine.

If I knew how to write files in assembly I could renable it...
It would also help me finding some stuff.
I should google around for that...

EDIT:
Heh, I found something, maybe it's useful.
Found what?
Something about writing files in assembly Big Grin
No, this is NOT a double post, regarding the dates they were written Big Grin

Just wanted to announce that in the next patch version, there won't be no extra palette limit any more Wink
Holy shit! "I'd tell ya I love ya, but I ain't that kind of guy." Big Grin

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
:o :o :o

...this means that theoretically, we could have a fully optimized palette for every building! (Not considering problems with remaps)
Forum Rules

Yep, but I didn't test any limit.
I think WW had a reason for limiting it to 1 (OK, sometimes they just don't need any reasons).

A second one worked properly though.

I also didn't test that for infantry.
Extra palettes are loaded for each unit type, maybe it works for infantry also... I dunno, would be cool. Somebody test that?
Does it support animations?
is it possible to re-enable the temperate/snow remaps?
and...
wouldn?t it be better to replace all pallets by one 16-bit-pallete?

mfg raminator