Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank Drop - bug or my mistake ?
After adding a new paradrop for each side, I've noticed something - I don't know if it's really a bug, or is "normal":
If a tank is destroyed in air, before landing, the cell where it should land is "occupied" for the rest of the game - like there is a real unit -if I try to place a building there, I get red squares in foundation.
This isn't something that occures only for a specific tank, but for every tank ( MTNK, FV, HTNK etc ); the tanks have Crewed=no, and the explosions are the usual ones ( nothing special, MakeInfantry= - animation ).
And another thing - while I tested the SWs, I had 15 or 16 SWs ready or charging, but all the units in InfantryTab dissapeared . The tab could be selected, but it's empty.( when you don't have any barracks, this tab is unselectable ). This isn't a real problem, as nobody could get ALL the SWs, but I would like to know what caused that.
Did anyone else noticed any of these two ? Are they bugs, or it's just a small error ( MY error ) ?
NB: I use RockPatch 1.07 B ( the latest version availabile )
Thanks
The latter one could be a variant of the Whiteboy-Bug, although I've never heard that description before. The former I never heard before either, but since the original paradrop didn't (directly) allow vehicles, I could imagine it includes clean-up-code for killed infantry, but not for vehicles.

To be sure this is tracked, enter it into the bugtracker - in a worst case scenario, it gets closed with "not reproducable", in a best case scenario, it gets acknowledged and fixed - either way you should add it to make sure it gets investigated. (When you follow the link, select "RockPatch" from the list and click "Select Project", you'll immediately be forwarded to the report form - fill out the fields as accurate as possible, to ease pinning down the problem.)
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Somebody need to check it?
I can't believe in it Unhappy
It's using universal code Smile
(Maybe in RP 1.09 you can drop ... aircraftsLOLLOLLOL
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I wanted to know if anyone else did noticed these things ( especially the paradrop-related ) before reporting a bug. So, if anyone can waste 10 minutes for checking what happens in HIS mod when paradroping a tank and destroying it in air, I would appreciate. If the occupied-square doesn't appear, I would call it "stupid modder" rather than "bug", don't you agree ? Big Grin
I will test it when I come homeWink
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Quote:I wanted to know if anyone else did noticed these things ( especially the paradrop-related ) before reporting a bug. So, if anyone can waste 10 minutes for checking what happens in HIS mod when paradroping a tank and destroying it in air, I would appreciate. If the occupied-square doesn't appear, I would call it "stupid modder" rather than "bug", don't you agree ? Big Grin
That is, technically, an admirably attitude, but how high are the chances you can generate such an effect from rules code?
Either...
  • Your game, hard-code-wise, is fucked
  • A certain situation in rules code generates this, which would be a bug in the patch, too (albeit a different one than expected), or
  • It's simply a bug in the patch

But, it's fine. Double-checking before screaming "BUUUUUG!!" should not be criticized. Just remember to report it when it's confirmed Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I noticed that effect in Mental Omega, but I haven't done any actual ini code testing with it myself.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
It's really a bug ... and great bug.
You can't build on this place and move units to there Unhappy
Also all vehicles, which paradroped, placed on cells incorrectlyUnhappy
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I added the bug in RockPatch Bug Reports.