Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch Wishlist
Welcome to a horrible example of how you shouldn't edit ModEnc.

For those who don't frequent the Recent Changes, there recently was a user who managed to do the following:
He saved 22 revisions spread over 5 wishlist pages, to add a total amount of 13 lines. Not only does this mean he almost saved two pages for every one line he added, nooo, actually, that's not even necessary. Had he simply edited the page as he wanted it to be and saved, he'd only have to have edited each page once - resulting in five saved revisions, one for each page.
He also managed to put his nickname behind every single one of the lines he added, despite the fact that this behavior is clearly deprecated in the styleguide.
He took the time in between wishing to move around other people's wishes and comment on them (directly on the wishlist).
...and in the end, he usually started off each page by saving his wish on top of the list, correcting it in one of his later revisions.

His personal Toplist is as follows:
  1. Wishlist/Page 2 (7 Revisions)
  2. Wishlist/Page 4 (5 Revisions)
  3. Wishlist/Page 6 (4 Revisions)
  4. Wishlist and Wishlist/Page 5 (both 3 Revisions)

Those of you who don't understand the problem with this have just auto-signed up for a mandatory reading of ModEnc:Styleguide#Preview; all others, please assume a fetal position and wait for Maid Tanya to clean up your remains.

Thank you
The ModEnc Administration
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Okay. I might have screwed it up at first, but I fixed it right away. What is the big deal?

Quote:Recent revision comment hostility brought to you by: Vinifera7 - if that bitch was registered on the forums, I'd give him -10000000 rep and then ban him.
I'm here.

I sincerely apologise for spamming your wiki, it won't happen again. Actually that was the first time I've used one. I didn't realize that a separate page was saved for each revision. It makes perfect sense now, I just didn't think about it. The regulations are not very explicit, so I'm sorry for commenting on it and posting my username. My intentions were not hostile or destructive. I wanted to contribute something useful to the RA2 modding community. If banning me makes you feel better, I guess I should just jump on the Ban-Wagon. However I'd appreciate it if you'd give me a second chance. Pleeeeeaaaase! *puppy dog lips*
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
Aww fuck. It's no fun if you're all friendly and apologize.

Fine, but don't do it again. And read the fucking help and styleguide.

*unbans nick "Vinifera7" from ModEnc*
*deletes "Vinifera7" from the spam filter*
*normalizes news post*
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Can anyone direct me to this styleguide of which thy gracious master speaks?

Thanks for unbanning me. That was my first ban. Anywhere. Ever.
I've linked it in the original post; I altered the revision comments on recent changes, but I can't take them back on the pages themselves.

ModEnc:Styleguide and everything else is also linked in the help section, which can easily be reached by clicking "Help" in the main ModEnc navigation. Wink
Forum Rules

I'm learning Wink
I'd like to note that I did not complain about your Community Portal edit, and that I did acknowledge that you fixed most stuff on your own...it was just a little overwhelming in that situation.

I scroll down and see nothing but wishlist-edits from your IP...Wtf (disbelieving)

Oh well, at least it gave me the final push I needed - I'll sit down and write our general "cry for help". We need both more contributors and more watchdogs.

If you have an IRC client installed, feel free to stop by...I promise to be nice Tongue
Forum Rules

i think what ren is so angry at whan you do this is that the wiki engine backs up the edited page after every edit, taking up diskspace. and when you edit it 13 times, that adds up to a lot of diskspace.