Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chem radiation
I want to add another radiation type with the help of the rockpatch, this radiation will use the virus sniper infdeath but without the gas clouds. Instead of the annoing and lagging clouds of chem's will be additional radiation type in diffrent color.
How can i do this?
well, the virus death will allways produce clouds. if you want to create a version without the clouds, what you need to do is extract the SHP image for the existing 1, rename it, and create a new infdeath using this renamed image.

yes, with RP you can create new infdeaths.

radiation is also possible with rockpatch, however it is currently buggy. and i think that infdeath code has been re-written for 1.08.

so my advice: for radiation Read the help file on PDs site. for infdeaths, wait till 1.08 is released, and take a look at the 1.08 preview thread. nobody can help with the infdeaths because nobody has used it yet. but read this, should be pretty simple. http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...59#pid3759

unfortunatly, you won't be able to test it, both features are not yet released. well radiation is released, but the warhead that it uses only effects the target tile and is not spread using the cellspread effect. this is fixed in 1.08.

and a word of notice. PD's Rockpatch is for ELITE modders. you really should master the basics before using it. from the amount of questions you ask, i'd sugest that you are not ready for it yet.
That's a bit much. Just find [VIRUSDIE] or whatever in the art file and delete the line that says to spawn particles.
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Beowulf Wrote:That's a bit much. Just find [VIRUSDIE] or whatever in the art file and delete the line that says to spawn particles.
but that also effects the virus's weapon.
Then make a clone of the animation. Not really that hard to do. >_>
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
I'm pretty sure that you can create a new animation and give it Image=VIRUSD and it will have the same image, but not spawn any particles. You shouldn't have to make a copy of the shp.
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
just make a copy of [VIRUSD] without SpawnsParticle=VirusCloud1
NumParticles=3