Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TS in RA2 mix files?
I have seen in the local.mix that there TS units in it are!
Why are these pictures of them in it?
Can i remove it? I think it is than a few kB less Smile
The Ultimate War is begun!
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch

The Ultimate War is a mod where (nearly) every soldier and tank will be as a brutal one, and there's now an Eiffel Tesla Coil, and each side have 2 special soldiers or tanks, and 1 or more veteran things, so...prepare for the heaviest battle Tongue
Stardark;date=Feb 8 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:I have seen in the local.mix that there TS units in it are!
[right][snapback]344[/snapback][/right]

Yes, there are some graphical assets from TS still left in the RA2 files, most likely due to lazyness on the part of whoever cleaned stuff up before shipping. There is no point taking them out because you aren't going to be distributing the file over the net (so no need to worry about bandwidth) and I don't think you'll reduce the loading times by much for the game either.
okidoki Big Grin
But, it give nothing if i delete it?
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch

The Ultimate War is a mod where (nearly) every soldier and tank will be as a brutal one, and there's now an Eiffel Tesla Coil, and each side have 2 special soldiers or tanks, and 1 or more veteran things, so...prepare for the heaviest battle Tongue
As long as they aren't used by the game - yes.
WW left so many things that just need space.
Most are SHPs, which are even wrong paletted.

They're lazy - that's all.
[Image: jsfml.png]
Arnt we all?
Can't say I blame Westwood. I'd have done the same thing... LOL
I'm what Willis was talkin' about.
Stardark;date=Feb 8 2005, 05:31 PM Wrote:I have seen in the local.mix that there TS units in it are!
[right][snapback]344[/snapback][/right]

what do you mean "Can i remove it" ???
TS units? yes
local.mix? NO WAY

BTW, why to remove them ? you can use some of them (like vxl units)
GAMEMD.EXE - the hidden part must be hacked
i mean the ts units, and if you want to use the vxl's, you must first resize them B)
B1E site
The Ultimate War
Both sites are Dutch