Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certain Map Problems...
tech airports might be the case. because they use a superweapon, and therefore EVA events which seem to cause problems sometimes (nothing you could do by INI modding there).
I traced that a while back when somebody sent me an except about this.

I also do believe it only happens on snow maps (for whatever reason, no clue).
Anyway, all of my custom maps (desert + temperate, I don't use to make snow maps) use tech airports, and I didn't encounter any problems...
I'll be looking into it.
[Image: jsfml.png]
Gamemate editted the map Russian Roulette, im not sure what he did but we played the mod robot storm with rockpatch and it seemed to work. Although we did get a recon, that could have been anything. Ill see if gamemate can repeat what he did for other maps.

Edit: And the map isnt actually fixed... Just played for 1 hr and then got the crash, sorry for raising your hopes. Unhappy
Here is something you can check.(This maybe a long shot) You may want to convert one of the maps to lunar and give it a try if the error appears it may give him some thing comparison. My work on the TX has indicated  lunar was coped from snow and may get the same problem. Desert, urban and new urban maybe a copy from temperate.
Ok that actually helped.

Lunar version does not freeze, figured since you mentioned that lunar is based on snow it has to be something not available lunar. Removed cliffs and ramps (entirely flat) from the map and no error. Does this help narrow it down some? Had 2 hours and 31 minutes of gameplay with unmodded YR and RP enabled, so quite certain that it works. Tried several more games but not of that length, they did not freeze either...
Well, lunar does have slopes and (to my knowledge) doesn't have water... I can see no reasonable explanation for such coding, though.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
You may need the TX for the cliff. No water thou. But If you first test when well I don’t think adding the extra tile will change the results.
I was thinking more of "gamemate, did your snow map have water"?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I know that lunar has slopes, just eliminated them anyway.

No there is no water in the original map either so I excluded them from the equation that they could have anything to do with it. I will know more soon since I am testing every object by itself... time consuming to say least..

I'm hoping you are using the split method..If not split your item in to two maps and try them. discard the one that works and split up the group that doesn’t work. it is a lot faster and if you reach a point where both maps work it may need a combination of items redistribute as needed and test.
i think he knows what he is doing...