Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lithuanian Webmaster Re-Distributes Mods
@DCoder

Yup. There was this case, just look here.
Pretty much the same thing.Tongue
So far, I've got comments from Renegade, Bobing about, nighthawk200, Allied General and Apollo. That comes to 5 comments, while there are 43 downloads available. Is anyone else going to say something?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
maybe either nobody else knows, or they simply don't care....
I am horrified to see my hard work and the hard work of other good people in the community being distributed in this manner. We have worked long and hard for the benefit of others and to have our names and our community attacked in this way is unacceptable.

Not only has this person neglected to get permission to distribute our projects, he has mis-represented key information, failed to issue appropriate credit, and, worst of all, has used our hard work and good public image to trick and attack innocent people - leaving our reputation in ruins.

There are several projects on this site to which I claim all or part authorship, none of which I have authorised for private or public distribution and none of which I am happy about having been posted on this site.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Plese excuse me if i have a large amount of gramatic errors. I broke my lrft arm in 4 places while playng beach vollyball, and Im used to having both hansd to type with.

anyways,
Even though i am not personally affected by this, i do support everyone who is. I back you all up 110% when I say that I dont want this site up. My younger brother is a HUGE RA2 & YR gamer. he loves to mod it too.. if he sees this site, then he will innocently download a mod... and fuck up our entire network. Good luck to you all that are affected.

[edit by DCoder]Removed color coding, I'm sorry but white is just illegible on other skins.[/edit]
Quote:[edit by DCoder]Removed color coding, I'm sorry but white is just illegible on other skins.[/edit]
especially the myBB default skin that i use, because it has an almost white background to the text. would become invisable to me.

Quote:I back you all up 110%
a yuri's revenge percentage i see Tongue (YR crate rules chances add upto 110 instead of 100)

thanks for the support anyway Tongue
Update:
The page listing the mods has been changed and now reads only "contact me over email or skype to get mods". ¬_¬
The separate page linking to RA2 Clean Up program is intact, however the link to said tool seems to be miscapitalised.
However, viewing the http://www.jaguar.meka.lt/redalert2/downloads/ file listing, all the files are still on the server, just the links to them have been removed.

Edit after 3 hours:
The webmaster has sent me an ... interesting ... email, translation follows:
Quote:You sure youre not some fraud, dude? all that stuff is free, what the fuck is the big deal about that copyright... theyre all available for free on the internet, all I did was put them all in one place so others dont have to browse around the web for them. Im curious, how the fuck do you know those authors anyway? And what are you gonna do if I ignore you?

Can you provide the E-Mail address for this webmaster to those affected? (I can't seem to load the site)
Maybe if we authors contact him ourselves he will take note, although I doubt it. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I just sent a polite reply to him. If you want to communicate with him directly, you can reach him at ra2[at]mums[dot]lt.

(It seems that the guy I talked to back in May, when this thread began, was the co-master or something, and he didn't relay my message to this man. It would explain the long delay, but not the attitude.)

Edit: Marshall, if he refuses to remove our stuff, I'll contact the hosting company. Their TOS cites "materials violating copyright" and "malware" as contract termination offenses, so I think they will cooperate.