Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
IMO, the feature either needs debugging so it works correctly, or it needs to come out. Much as I want high train bridges (and ice terrain too Tongue 2), I need the game to be bug free for end users. A feature that doesn't work isn't much of a feature afterall.
Sorry to keep bugging you PD, but....do you think that 1.08 will be done by July?
sorry to disappoint you, but no estimates anymore...

I checked radiation stuff today and I found only one "dangerous" place in my code that *might* cause minor problems.
I didn't find anything that pretends the warhead from spreading, though I didn't find the code that should spread it either...
About those multiple radiations some people showed, I dunno. I couldn't recreate those.

I'll talk to a few more people about the train bridges.
Blade Wrote:A feature that doesn't work isn't much of a feature afterall.
This is true and might be reason enough to remove it as I can't fix it at this time.

EDIT:
The radiation problem is solved.
Now, when the RadSite is created, the cells get that RadSite assigned so the warhead is updated as well.
I tested it now and it works.
As said above, I can't recreate those multiple radiations, but it does not seem to lie on my end, I hope...
[Image: jsfml.png]
DCoder Wrote:No, it hasn't, it's still under "Help" - "The Basic Rules".

... Where is this "Help" link?.... i can't find it....

also, multiple radsites, i beleave it has something to do with the fact that the weapon the unit is using creates damage in more places than just the target cell, as such it creates 1 for the target cell, and a second 1 for the "Partical Effect"... so, thats not really a bug, just slightly bad mod coding, and should be ignored.

good news on fixing the cellspread thing though. i eagaly await the release of 1.08Big Grin
What a problem in Train Bridge?
Maybe, I can fix it problemSmile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

nobody knows what the problem is, that's why I can't fix it at all.
I don't have any complete breakdowns of IsometricTiles or Overlays.

I think we should care about this later and remove it for now as I really want 1.08 to get out.

@CnCVK:
Once 1.08 is out, we can talk and discuss how we can work in a team best.
I'll be looking forward to it Smile
[Image: jsfml.png]
CnCVK Wrote:What a problem in Train Bridge?

the situation is:
someone attempted to clone the "High Bridge" and allow the clone to allow trains to travel accross it, however, in coding this, the original "Wood Bridge" stopped working properly. and i dunno if the new "Train Bridge" even works right either.

i agree BTW, remove train bridge to get 1.08 as stable as possible, then try and fix it later.
OK...

People what are thinking about it?
(It select rules dialog box at the game start (before main menu))
It use RULESMD.INI и RULEMD*.INI and Name= tag

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

CnCVK Wrote:OK...

People what are thinking about it?
(It select rules dialog box at the game start (before main menu))
It use RULESMD.INI и RULEMD*.INI and Name= tag

interesting....

only problem is you need like all the other files that go with it to make a mod, like art, AI, string table.

but this is brilliant, would make my R:ROTC and R:BOTH kinda possible without reuqiring loads of switching files.
"Help" link - top right, next to Arcade, Search, Member List, etc.

Rules dialog - I think it would be plain awesome if there was a way to tell the game to read a certain subdirectory according to this dialog, somewhat like people proposed in the past.

PD/CnCVK, don't you think that changes like this new rules dialog would be better in a separate thread?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
DCoder Wrote:PD/CnCVK, don't you think that changes like this new rules dialog would be better in a separate thread?
i was thinking the same thing, but decided not to actually say it...
About sub subdirectory ...
It's good idea Smile, but more difficult
(It dialog I add WITHOUT any EXE-edit, only new resource with ID=147)

...maybe a -mod switch would be better than a selector?

Anyway, pd, CnCVK, the server is still running the Subversion Version Control System. Might be a help to you guys Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Personally, I don't like the idea of having to switch mod files on startup. That's what the Mod Launchers are for. If there was a game menu that you could go into when you want to, see a list of available mods and activate/switch between them without leaving the game then that would be good. Otherwise, I'd prefer to stick to our current mod handling/launching methods.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Problem with train bridges...the code is cloned from wood bridges apparently and as it stands, the wood bridges currently cannot be repaired if destroyed. However when the new TrainBridgeSet= is set in a theatre.ini files (desertmd.ini, temperatemd.ini and so on), then that set displays correctly as a bridge set, but no unit can cross it and again they cannot be repaired. When set, they also cause the road high bridges to be unrepairable as well although this is fixed if the entry is removed from the .ini files.