Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI quirks
Right, the AI is finally done for all sides. It's very good, but it requires some tweaking. I'll list the things of concern:

1: Soviets (and Yuri, I think) can build Mobile War Factories, which is supposed to be an Allied-only unit.

2: The AI builds the Cluster Nuke Silo a few minutes into the game, without any of the prereqs. It should only have access to it very late in the game - after the Reinforcements Beaon is built.

3: I never saw the AI build Chrono Ultima Tanks (Allies) or Devastators (Soviets) or the Ballistic COmmand Vessel (all sides, after building Reinforcementes Beacon). This could be mere coincidence, I'm not sure. I also haven't seen it build a Eurofighter Airbase (and hence the Eurofighter itself), though I'll look at the rules code for this.

4: I saw a few "copies" of the taskforce with the President, Einstein and Sammy Stallion in the allied base - is there a way to limit that to just one taskforce at a time? Since there's only supposed to be one President, one Einstein etc...

5: Not a bad thing, but I still haven't noticed the AI using any transports, and it doesn't deploy the Mobile Ore Refinery and Mobile War Factory (or War Wagon for that matter).

What do you make of all this Nuke? #1 and 2 are top-priority, but the rest are ignoreable if you see fit. Thanks for your great efforts with the AI so far Smile

#1: Little coding error of me. The owner of the trigger.

#2: Cluster Nuke Silo has nothing to do with the AI file.

#3: They do use the C.U.T when they OWN a Whitehouse (allieds) and D.D.T when Kremlin (soviet) is build. After Yuri builds the Trans Fortress it send C.O.W's.

Also I havent coded the Vessel and Eurofighter yet.

Note: There was a typo in Kremlin, it says: Russain Kremlin Palace instead of: RussIAn Kremlin Palace.

#4: I don't know, Since AI ignores buildlimits -> Maybe ask DC

#5: I have seen the AI deploy the Mobile Warfactory... But not the refinery... Also the AI does use transports. But not often. I shall increase the priority and rate of using.

2. Can't the AI be building and deploying the whatchamacallit vehicle that deploys into the silo?

4. TeamType > Max= .

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
2. You refer to the War Wagon. The AI does use those (when it is suppsed to). But it builds a Silo right at the start of the game almost, and builds only one, which is fine. And AFAIK, the AI never deploys those Wagons into the Silos. Here's the Cliuster Nuke SIlo code, complete with comments that I couldn't be arsed to remove:

Code:
;Cluster Nuke Silo
; Yuri Rocket Launch Pad
[YAROCK]
UIName=Name:CLUSTERSILO
;UIName=Name:YAROCK
Name=Rocket Launch Pad
;Image=YAROCK
;BuildCat=Power
BuildCat=Combat
Prerequisite=GAALLARM,NASOVARM,NAPSYA ;all 3 Armageddon Engines
PrerequisiteOverride=REINFORCE ;CASLAB ;Tech Secret Lab
Strength=1000
Primary=AvengerCluster
;Secondary=RedEye2
;PipScale=Ammo
;PipWrap=3 ;1
;Ammo=3
;Reload=500 ;third of ROF
Armor=wood
TechLevel=10
Adjacent=10
Sight=6
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
;AIBasePlanningSide=2 ;gs 0 for Good, 1 for Evil
Cost=8500
Points=50
Powered=true
Power=-500
ClickRepairable=yes
Repairable=true
Capturable=true
Crewed=No
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60,gtpowexp
;Upgrades=2
DebrisAnims=DBRIS1LG,DBRIS1SM,DBRIS4LG,DBRIS4SM,DBRIS5LG,DBRIS5SM
MaxDebris=15
MinDebris=1
CanRetaliate=no
ThreatPosed=25    ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
;DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys,BigGreySmokeSys
DamageSmokeOffset=300, 300, 450
;TogglePower=Yes
Spyable=No ; A spy can do something to this, works like captureable
DieSound=PowerPlantDie
IsImmuneToRadiation=yes
Explodes=yes
DeathWeapon=NukePayload ; NUKE
DeathWeaponDamageModifier=0.5
ImmuneToRadiation=true
ImmuneToPsionics=no ; defaults to yes for buildings, no for others
;UnitAbsorb=No
BuildLimit=3 ;5 ;10 ;8
LeaveRubble=no
HasRadialIndicator=true
ConcentricRadialIndicator=true
;LightVisibility=1600
;LightIntensity=0.06
;LightRedTint=2.0
;LightGreenTint=1.4
;LightBlueTint=0.3
LightVisibility=1500
LightIntensity=0.01
LightRedTint=0.01
LightGreenTint=1.5
LightBlueTint=1.5
BaseNormal=no
AIBuildThis=yes
BuildTimeMultiplier=0.925
Drainable=yes
IsBaseDefense=yes
;CanBeOccupied=yes
;MaxNumberOccupants=5
;PipScale=Passengers
;Passengers=6
;SizeLimit=6
;ExtraPower=100
PlaceAnywhere=no ;yes
CreateSound=NukeSiren2   ;To strike fear into the enemy's hearts
RevealToAll=yes ;so everyone can see it when it's built
GuardRange=0 ;don't want it blowing up your base
DefaultToGuardArea=no
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT
EliteAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,SELF_HEAL
Trainable=yes
;ElitePrimary=AvengerCluster ;commented out, so it is actually more powerful than when non-elite (weapon bonuses only affect non elite weapons)
;EliteSecondary=RedEye5
VoiceSelect=ClusterNukeSelect
ProduceCashAmount=-1 ; Amount every Delay
ProduceCashDelay=100 ;100 ; Frame delay between Amounts

simular to a problem i had before, you have to have AIBuildsThis=yes on things the AI deploys, otherwise the game IEs when the AI deploys them, you should have a TechLevel=-1 and an unatainable Prerequisite= on the silo, this would probably be a blank structure with TechLevel=-1 and AIBuildsThis=no.

PrerequisiteOverride=REINFORCE whats this? basicly, as soon as the AI has a REINFORCE it will build 1 of these structures.

Hmm, I do have AIBuildThis=yes on the structure, and that structure is built by the AI as a structure, not deployed from a vehicle (though a certain vehicle can deploy into it - but I've never seen it IE when that happens). PrerequisiteOverride=REINFORCE is intentional - it's the second way to build this structure. REINFORCE is a structure that the AI builds very late-game.

I hope it is fixed now, I had a little coding error in the AI

It builds the vehicle when a cluster nuke silo was not present.
I have changed this now. Now they deploy one when got a reinforcement beacon.

Great, this means that all the bugs are fixed (but need testing to confirm) and all that remains is making the AI utilise the Eurofighter and Command Vessel. This AI seems to have taken a shorter time than expected - thanks to nucl34r14.

Yay! Great job to both of you. Nuc really did jump that out there quickly!
OK, I have tested the AI for a while - and I really cannot fault it. Nuke's done a great job with it. Just one thing remains - utilisation of the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Ballistic Command Vessel. But - should the AI even be allowed to use these powerful things?

yer, make it a challenge, maybe hard mode only?

Hard only... sounds good. Done Wink