Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Official Whiteboy's Rules Screenshot Topic
dark assasin you and withaton must be good friends i wanna play online with this mod against someone Unhappy
Painkiller Wrote:dark assasin you and withaton must be good friends i wanna play online with this mod against someone Unhappy
wtf withaton....im not a ton...im wthigon :upside:

Edit: Hey whiteboy...i have a suggestion....some of these buildings like the new power building..can t be built off of....they need BaseNormal=yes so you can place buildings next to them...

[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
lol. Wthigon and me, arent really good friends, just met recently, but we are good buddies Smile. Just a fellow WB Rules beta tester, that is a good player.

~John
[Image: ansatsig8mk.jpg]
I know im not a beta tester but could i plz have the latest beta version? please?
It's a private Beta. PRIVATE beta. By definition - you can't have it, so no luck mate Unhappy Just wait until the final release of WRV1.5. Besides, the Beta has bugs (it must have somewhere anyway) and imprefections... you don't want it yet. But thanks for your curiosity...

Wthigon - I made most new buildings "build off-able" but the ones that aren't are the obvious - things like defences and beacons and such. The reason you cannot build off the Temporal Powersphere is because that stucture flaots in teh air, and thus can be placed on water... thus allowing you to extend a base over the sea to another scrap of land, thus enabling you to build bases and defences there. I never intended this - but there is a building for this purpose that can only be placed on water. It's the Surveillance Post (the lighthouse thing that has a Sniper inside it). This was designed for killing SEALs, Tanya and Yuri Prime, amongst other infantry - and it was desigend to enable base expansion across bodies of water.

If you feel that I should have BaseNormal=yes on a building that currently doesn't have it - tell me about it and I'll make a decision Big Grin

There is one thing i thing you should do in whiteboy's rules, you should make it so when you click on defense structures it shows you the radius or distance of it like in cannisrules and i think you should make structures placed further away from each other like 3 to 4 squares
Painkiller Wrote:how the hell do you convert pcx format to jpg!
Use IrfanView. It's a very good, freeware image viewer and converter (including images by the batch).
um... doesn't puting the lighting on the ground defeat the purpose of steath... i think people will pick up on the fact that there is a base there when they see the massive black circle..
Here are screenies from my game, Me Soviet against 1 Brutal Allied AI

My Enemies Base
[Image: Game2.jpg]

My Soviet Base (Not fully shown)
[Image: Game3.jpg]

A hit and run on the allied base with Arnie (Elite)
[Image: Game4.jpg]

Still more carnage with Arnie (Elite)
[Image: Game5.jpg]

Flight Doomsday has arrived for Destruction along with Whiteboy's truck
[Image: Game6.jpg]

A free allied mcv! and clister nuke silo!
[Image: Game7.jpg]

My Doomsday Tanks make short work of the allied base
[Image: Game8.jpg]

Victory to the Motherland!!!
[Image: Game9.jpg]

Score Table
[Image: End.jpg]
PainKiller, you forgot to say that those screenshots are from the old version - version 1.0. Still, nice pics there Big Grin

Braddoc, it's obvious there is a base there anyway. At the start of the game you can see player starting points. During the game yuou can see teh bases before they go stealth (in most cases). And finally, Stealth Generators are very powerful devices - e.g. you have to force-fire to actually attack cloaked things. For game balance, I made the generator both power-draining and expensive, and it generates negative light. This means it's easier for enemies to see exactly where your generator is so you can hefully destroy it. And vice versa - the AI can build one of these and it make the game much harder than it already is. You'll be begging the AI not to build it sometimes... Are you satisfied now? Tongue

PainKiller Wrote:There is one thing i thing you should do in whiteboy's rules, you should make it so when you click on defense structures it shows you the radius or distance of it like in cannisrules and i think you should make structures placed further away from each other like 3 to 4 squares

Almost all defensive structures do this, at least in the latest version (can't remember about V1.0). About placing structures further away... well I could do that, but there are a lot of buildings in this mod and so bases can get very large, meaning that they can stretch far enough on the map to give you quite a large area to build around. So making buildings able to be placed further away could be a bad thing. But I'll consider it...

Dark-Assasin? Wthigon? What do you think about making buildings able to be placed further away?

1 or 2 cells more wouldnt hurt IMO. Id also like to see about being able to build off Tech buildings (like Oil Derrick) and stuff.

[Image: OWNED.JPG]

~John
ok, I today gove WB my big version of my map "Da River" B) .
the map will be exlusivce to WBR unitil some time after he released his mod.

so people: you have something to look forward to Tongue .

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]
Lol So True. Feel. haha. Anyways I wouldnt mind playing you in the beta sometime.

~John
OK, firstly, you're in the wrong topic TF Tongue Secondly, TF is not a tester (well not right now anyway) so you can't test online with him, and third, I will consider extending the distance buildings can be placed away by 1 cell. Also, you can already build off all tech buildings EXCEPT Oil Derricks. I could change this, so that the ONLY tech building you can build off is the Oil Derrick... tell me what you think.

Oh, and it's a nice map BTW Big Grin I have tested an unfinished version, and I like the layout Big Grin

So a huge thanks to Truefeel. Big credit coming to you when the mod's released Big Grin

I would consider testing, if u wan't.

and yes ansatsu04, I would gladly do a game with ya

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]