Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superweapon build limits
The Sovs kept fighting even when Romanov was imprisoned...

But whoa there people. These ideas are getting a bit off-track... this is a game. Making your entire team lose (as impractical as this would be to code) when you lose one infantry might be realistic, but as far as gameplay goes, I think that is a very bad idea. And, the default is for Tanya/Boris/Yuri Prime to be able to be used again... that's also unrealistic but it's all in the name of gameplay. Why else would Westwood not have a buildable thing with a negative build limit...

However, I can see this idea being good for the superweapons in some way. Probably something like a limit of -2 for high-level supers, and -3 for low-level supers. This means that you can only ever build that amout in a single game - if you lose one, it's gone forever. However, isn't it possible to get around this in-game by re-deploying your ConYard? Hm?

I'm not sure about that.

It is really strange how the heros can be revived. At least the build limit of one makes more sense. Perhaps you can explain it like this: When the hero "dies," they don't really "die." Instead, they get injured badly and have to be healed back at the barracks (explains you building them again). Remember if you kill Tanya in the campaigns you see her on a stretcher? It would make sense, I guess.

But I am glad they changed it in YR. In RA2, you could build 100 Tanyas and no one would care. Rolling eyes

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
Wars end when the leader is killed. That is how it has always been. I know the game can't be 100% realistic, but I think it's stupid if "Romanov" is killed and the Soviets keep fighting on and on as if nothing has happened.

Just my opinion...
Romanov is too weak. End of story. ( LOL )

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
Wrath, if it's so strange that heroes can be revived, then stay clear of most videogames, becase when you (the hero) die, guess what - you lose a life and magically come back. And Joemarc, you say it would be stupid if the Sovs carried on fighting if Romanov was out of the picture - yet when he was gone (imprisoned with no hope of escape) in YR, they kept on fighting.

So what I've learned from Wrath and Joemarc so far is that you think YR (unmodded) is weird and stupid. Hmmm....... well opinions are opinions so I won't generalise and label you both like that, but think about the important thing here - the actual gameplay. Even if it were possible to make the Sovs lose a game because Romanov dies, because that's more realistc - that is a totally silly idea in the terms of the gameplay. You have to think about how the game plays. We can't just think about the actual prospects of real life in relation to Yuri's Revenge. That would be stupid. There's far too many "holes" already. And we are not talking WR or any mod here - we are talking Yuri's Revenge/RA2. E.g. When Tanya "dies" she's on a stretcher - how can that be, since you see her skeleton on the battlefield when she's dead? Did they give her skin and revive her organs or something?

I suppose one way to explain Boris/Tanya/Yuri Prime/Arnnie/Sammy/Flint being able to come back after being killed is the Time Machine. You could say that they went back in time and broght them back to the battlefield, from the Barracks. Hell, you could explain anything with a Time Machine.

But this whole discussion is out of place here. We are talking about build limits for superweapons - not how realistic Yuri's Revenge is.

I'm going to go with the "2 low-level, 1 high-level" option because I agree with it, and it also won the most votes. Yes there aren't many votes but I don't think it's neccessary anymore - the votes match the decision I made myself when making this poll. Topic closed, thanks to all who voted Smile