Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superweapon build limits
Hi, it's time I needed some feedback on something about the mod: superweapon build limits. As it stands, WR has a limit of 4 for low-level and high-level supers. I define "low-level" as Chronosphere, Iron Curtain and Genetic Mutator; and "high-level" as Weather Controller, Nuke Silo and Psychic Dominator.

I am looking to see what people think the limits should be. Note that having more than one "copy" of each superweapon building will not enable you to use many copies of the same super - the other buildings are merely for backup in case the enemy destroys your superweapons.

Please give reasons for your choice, and thanks Wink

I say use BuildLimit=[-]1 or don't use any BuildLimit at all.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
What is the point of building more than one superweapon? There really isn't any benefits, is there (except for that the enemy has to destroy more than one building)? Besides, YR isn't about superweapons, it's about your army. If I built 5 Psychic Dominators, 5 Weather Machines, and 5 Nuclear Silos (with proper defence, of course), I could just play turtle and destroy a base that way.

I hate superweapons...

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
I personally never play with superweapons on. If I did, I'd just play a mode that only has low-level ones on, because the high level ones are really annoying.
:rock:
I only do that when I'm playing in an urban map, since I don't want everyone nuking the civilian buildings. Wastes the properties of an urban map, you know?

Why Nuke buildings when you can waste 1/2 of your opponents base for 5-10 mins? :rock:
Hmmm, interesting replies so far, and the votes are tied. You can see why I considered WR V1.0 to be crap, what with limits of 4 for each super :

DCoder, can you give reasons for your opinion? It would help.

I feel that 2 is good enough for a decent player, so you can have one that your enemy thinks is the only one when you really have one other hidden somewhere else.

[Image: AgainstTCPA-Log01Button.gif][Image: take.gif][Image: Sig-SM.png]

I don't have a problem with all you non-Juggalos/Juggalettes, just don't hate me for being one. But Juggahoes, You Better Watch Out For The Hatchet! Its Coming For All You Bitches! (Eh, i'm taking a shot.)
To all the Juggalos/Juggalettes: MMFCL!!!

Thanks go to: To DCoder for figuring out how to get the Firefox picture-link thingy to work for me. Big Grin
BuildLimits other than [-]1 destroy the uniqueness of the item in question, in my opinion. They should only be used in campaigns (coop or singleplayer), especially negative ones (for those unaware, negative BuildLimit means you can only build that many objects, and you can not rebuild them later if you loose them.)
In this particular case, extra SW buildings are additionally pointless, because they are only useful when the first one is destroyed. And, you know, destroying a structure, which can withstand a direct Nuke strike, with conventional equipment is pretty difficult, and you'd have to be in a pretty bad shape not to notice/counter that. And if you're in a bad shape, especially economically, those 5000c are better put to some other use in the first place.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Hmm, interesting analogy. I am leaning towards a limit of one of each/one high-level and two low-level supers right now (because it can be a good tactic to have a "fake" superweapon building somewhere)... let's see how the votes shape up in time.

I think they should have build limits of -1. Especially the ChronoSphere. I'm very fond of the idea that the super weapons are unique, SINGLE devices. Einstein only built one ChronoSphere, so it makes sense that you should only have one and if you lose it, well, you've lost it haven't you? Personally, I think the ChronoSphere should've been a "high-level" super weapon because it's just...awesome. XD

The same goes for the Iron Curtain and Weather Control device. They should be unique and only have the ability to exist once.

The only one I don't think is unique is the Nuclear Missile Silo, simply because it is the only *real* superweapon and can replicated.

As to the genetic mutator and psychic dominator, I was never fond of them anyway; found the genetic mutator annoying and the psychic dominator stupid because it wasn't a "dominator" at all. It was turned into a destructive weapon with tiny mind control capabilites.

Basically, I think the ChronoSphere rocks, because i'm a big fan of the campaigns where it is used to invade Moscow. The Iron Curtain too, because there was an iron curtain in Russia, though it wasn't an invulnerablility device. Tongue
The negative build limit strikes me as a good idea. If I was aware of that in the first place, I would have said that.

Besides, it makes superweapons just that: super. They're really special and you HAVE to defend them if you want to use them.
Agreed. Whiteboy could also do this with heros (Tanya, Boris, Yuri, President, Romanov, Einstein, etc). I don't see how exactly a specific person could be revived so easily. :wacko:

I concur with Wrath.

Another thought is, maybe, if the President, Romanov or Yuri dies, your team could lose (Bit weird if Romanov dies and the Soviets keep fighting?) But that's just me.
If that was going to be the case though, they would need to have more health or something, because it's easy to accidentally get Tanya killed by making her swim someplace, or getting nailed by a Terror Drone.