Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recruiting for an AI Editor
Whiteboy Wrote:I'll also send you a separate txt file with all the new units/infantry names. Do you need strcuture names as well?
Can I have one too?
um, yea, wat they said (lol, i have no clue what i need, as cannis said, just starting out). I'll figure it out ^_^ . I usually do (sometimes takes me a while Wink )

on a side note, finally got RA2 and YR again, yay

[Image: sigentith.gif]
Avi and sig by MrRuben

If you want a bit of PHP coding done, or a really basic consol based C++ or Java program, PM me, i'll give it a try
Indeed, it helps to actually own the game you are modding... anyway, the first step is to download DCoder's AI Editor I guess: dcoder.cannis.net.

To answer Chris: yeah, why not Tongue I'm just starting to write that file. BTW, the file will probably be just a very basic list like this:

DEATHTANK = Death Tank
MEGAJET = Mega Jet
ALI = Advanced Laser Infantry

etc. etc. I don't think I need to do this with structures. The whole point of it is to let Entith know which new things have which reference names. I'll probably also put a short note on what that thing does. e.g.

AACHOP = Anti-Air Chopper, this jumpjet chopper can only fire at aircraft and it can fly fast enough to keep up with rocketeers and UFos but not quite harriers.

Something like that anyway Tongue

I should also mention that the above units are not in my mod. I just thought them up right now.

The rules file is on it's way Entith, it's all up to you now!

do you need a hex editor to edit AI.ini? or just to create the initial entries?
You don't need a hex editor. AFAIK, you just make up the hex numbers. As long as they don't conflict with the others already there, of course.

ok, waiting to play beta first, then i'll start working on the AI

[Image: sigentith.gif]
Avi and sig by MrRuben

If you want a bit of PHP coding done, or a really basic consol based C++ or Java program, PM me, i'll give it a try
Ah, you are a good man, Entith. I'll help you as much as I can in my free time (which is limited I have to say Unhappy)