Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News on progress
Okay, the first test was successful - I completed the first mission for both campaigns. As I speak, two testers are now testing the rest of the campaigns - HopalongTom is testing the Soviet campaign, and RomanPankov451 is testing the Allied campaign. It'll be great if tests are successful - it means that this mod is compatible with campaign mode, with no drawbacks.

See, the drawback with the conventional method of defining BuildingTypes in the multiplayer mode inis is that a mods new buildings will not be featured in campaign mode. I wanted the new buildings or WR to be in campaign mode though, so go figure Tongue

Keep yer fingers crossed that this works... I know there are people out there who still play campaign. Plus, it'll be worth playing it again since WR does change the experience a bit.

Let me guess...

You modified each and every map file so that the BuildingTypes match the ones in WR?

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
is WBR still in beta testing? I'd :love: to DL it...
OK, Wrath you're somewhat right. Thanks a lot to DCoder for this, we were discussing it and it popped out Tongue

All I did was to include all the campaign-created buildings (from Allied missions 1,3, and 6 and Soviet missions 1 and 3) into my rules file. Their BuildingType list entries come right aafter the default ones, then my mod's new buildings come after the campaign ones. This ensures (mostly) that the campaign buildings that are created have the correct parameters.

However, another edit was required to get the Soviet campaign to work (actually, the Soviet campaign is still under testing but Allied campaign works): Soviet Mission 1 is the only mission in the game where the triggers that effect mission completion are dependent on the buildings the mission creates. Thus, I (DCoder, lol) had to edit the indices of these triggers to refer to the correect BuildingTypes. Soviet mission 1 is now completeable, but as I just said, the rest of it is under testing.

@particle: just wait a little longer, it's not long now Tongue

Oh, I see. I'd rather for the buildings not to be in campaign. More simpler. Meh.

But they have to be - campaign mode depends on the buildings that it creates - like the tech power plants in the first mission :

I meant the Whiteboy's Rules buildings, not the campaign buildings.

The Soviet Campagn can be completed. :biggrin:

With a little pacence because the anemy attcks more and some buildings in the mission 7 are hard to destroy!!!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
@Wrath: OK, if you don't want to play a modded campaign, just play unmodded YR, simple. I'm doing this because I want the campaign to be playable under the mod - this will be a different experience than unmodded campaign, as you can see in the original mod version which made campaign very different, and fresh. What's the point of just making it playable with no modded things? There is no point.

Anyway, it's well worth having all the new buildings there - as HopalongTom has discovered. It seems that, just like with the original mod, campaign mode is not only more of a challenge, but it's different. This can only be good news, and I can't wait to play both campaigns myself sometime Wink

Thanks heaps to HopalongTom for testing the Soviet campaign. Now BOTH campaigns have been confirmed to work. I am a happy, happy man :biggrin:

Keep up the good work Whiteboy
Ah, WB, is is finally done? The next Beta coming in soon? Smile
can't wait Smile
There may not even be a next "Beta"... I'll just select a few good people (i.e. people who don't disappear Tongue) and ask them if the mod play alright and if there's any bugs, and maybe also to test the game modes. I'm almost finished game modes now actually. Infiltration and Survival modes are done, next up is Heavy Metal mode and hopefully another mode if I can think of a good idea for one.

Whiteboy Wrote:There may not even be a next "Beta"... I'll just select a few good people (i.e. people who don't disappear Tongue) and ask them if the mod play alright and if there's any bugs, and maybe also to test the game modes. I'm almost finished game modes now actually. Infiltration and Survival modes are done, next up is Heavy Metal mode and hopefully another mode if I can think of a good idea for one.
I don't "disappear". I check here once a day, to see if there's anything new. I usually just don't post since nothing requires my input.
ditto