Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News on progress
Okay, back on track.

Wthigon is the official screenshot guy - he's taken some screenshots and tested the mod a bit - says the Allied AI doesn't attack enough (Nucl34r's issue Tongue). I'm trying to sort out how I'm going to display the screenshots on the site - bear with me. he also says the game IEs when the Eurofighter Typhoon or the Cluster Nuke Silo fire their weapon - I have this problem a long time ago. I'll see if I can fix it.

I'm considering making Co-Operative Campaign mode selectable in skirmish/LAN - thoughts on this? Won't take a second to enable, but the mode is a bit unpolished. I guess it can be tested in the upcoming Beta.

I have still to finish off Survival mode. It's hard without a "balance advisor" to discuss opinions with (looks at Wrath Tongue). And there's that problem in powers Divided modes where some of the country changes don't actually work. More testing is needed for this.

I work full time these days and it's getting hard folks, but the excellent support I have been getting over the months has really helped. Especially right now with Nucl34r doing the AI and DCoder sorting out the forum restoration. I salute you all! ^_^

did you change the Eurofighter's warhead and it IE's or is this "pre-change the eurofighter warhead?" Tongue

What are some "causes for concern" on enabling the unpolished units? is it just the fact that it's unpolished that worries you? :cool:
particle Wrote:did you change the Eurofighter's warhead and it IE's or is this "pre-change the eurofighter warhead?" Tongue

What are some "causes for concern" on enabling the unpolished units? is it just the fact that it's unpolished that worries you? :cool:

The version wthigon has is almost identical to the one I have. Warhead is the same. Yet, that error hasn't happened to me for a long, long time. He was playing wth Rock Patch on, and on a custom map (made by himself) so that could be the cause. I suggested that he disable the RP and try to recreate the error.

Causes for concern... I assume you meant "modes", not "units". Well, the co-op mode, last time I checked, was unstable. It can IE. I wouldn't want that. Similarly, that's why I don't have buildups for some of the new buildings - unless I can create convincing ones, then I'll settle for no buildup. It's hardly causing harm by having no buildup. It'll cause more harm seeing a very shoddy buildup - mods with bad buildups kind of put me off.

For the next beta, I'll re-enable co-op campaign mode. Testing focuses will be on that mode, Survival mode, Powers Divided modes, the main Campaign mode and seeing if an IE happens at all with the Eurofighter and Cluster Nuke Silo. Also seeing if the AI is any good Tongue

Now, I'm off to see if I can make this new weapon I have in mind...

Sounds cool. Glad to make a post with all the topics restored.

~John
[Image: ansatsig8mk.jpg]
Toungue 
Im glad im the screenshots guy. Big Grin I'll be submitting more over screens over the next few days. I'll try to get more action shots but the AI isnt doing much attacking.

[Image: untitled10bu1.jpg]
Nuke will have something to say about that Big Grin

Sorry for being a long time away.

But something happened with my internet. It blacked out in a weird reason.

I know about the allied AI, Its probably that they have not enough cash to construct new vehicles.

Also I have finished the Soviet and Yuri AI in the downtime of my internet.

The last thing to mention is that I can't construct (or see the AI) build a reinforcement beacon. So I can't test the AI using the Warwagon or Warlord.

EDIT: Typo due rush (had to go to school)

nucl34r14 Wrote:So I can test the AI using the Warwagon or Warlord.

You mean you can't test the AI using the War Wagon and Warlord (and Eurofighter Typhoon, and Ballistic Command Vessel Tongue). The reason it won't build the beacon is because of two things: firstly, it's classed as a superweapon and thus cannot be built if supers are turned off and (since that probably isn't your problem) 2: it justs costs so much.

Question is: do players want the AI to use these uber-powerful units?

Either way, I'll have to give the AI more money to build more things to send at you...

Soviet AND Yuri AI done? Excuse me while I have a field day Big Grin Thanks a lot man, I'll have to test this out ASAP Tongue

At the first place, I didn't knew it counts as a superweapon.
Why not let the AI build these ones?, If EVER come that far in a game...
(Only in Spamfest).

The Eurofighter is a bit eh... difficult...
Since I havent seen the AI build this airbase either.

The bug with the Rockpatch -> Is in the nuke's weapon.
You can prevent this by firing a nuke from the nuke silo (soviet one) and then launch the clusternuke or other ones.

Little Screenie of Allied AI, Who acctually OwNeD me.
So there is nothing wrong with it (Spamfest + Easy AI!)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   

Ok, I have the new AI file. Hopefully this time it will attack me. Screenshots to come in later. Smile:shy:

Whoa, I haven't tested it myself yet and I never gave permission for anyone to...well, whatever. I'm just glad it's done and I have someone doing screenshots for me Wink Remember, disable the Rock Patch. I'm also unsure, but the version you have might cause a problem or two wthigon. Probably not - but I have updated the mod recently.

I'll test out the AI ASAP (it should build Eurofighter Airbases now, in my mod version) - from looking at the ini file, it looks like you spent a while on it Nuke. Thanks a lot Smile

I made some progress today on Survival mode - it's a bit more complete now and just requires the balancing and testing. That's all for now - look out for screenies on the site soon Tongue

Whiteboy Wrote:Whoa, I haven't tested it myself yet and I never gave permission for anyone to...well, whatever.

Opps sorry... :shy:

just a note, that money multiplier is maximum money specified by a game mode?

yes, those tags do work, but only after the menu is refreshed, which basicly means that those tags do not work untill you play 1 game in that gamemode then return to the MP menu.

I'm aware of that, bobing, but it's not that tag he's referring to. It's the tags that control overall multipliers to speed, armour, firepower etc. in Skirmishes. Examples are Groundspeed=, VeteranUnits=, BuildTimeUnitsMult=, Cost=. This all falls under the country headings - e.g. [British], [Russians]. But thanks for trying to help Smile

My base got owned by 2 war wagons in an earlier game today. I thought they were just transports. I quickly learned what they were. :cool: