Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas wanted
Confirmed: the two tags are ArmorInfantryMult= and SpeedInfantryMult=, and they are multipliers to all infantry armour and speed respectively. This is lookin' good - now we need opinions on the set of things to change, as you submitted, Wrath:

Wrath Wrote:United States: +11% Firepower, -6% Ground Speed
South Korea: +17% Air Speed, - 4% Armor
France: + 20% Armor, -15% Infantry Abilities
Germany: +23% Firepower, +7% Cost (price goes up, not down)
United Kingdom: +21% Infantry Abilities, -13% Rate of Fire

Russia: -20% Buildtime Rate (less time used, not more), -17% Infantry Abilities
Iraq: +14% Armor, -8% Ground Speed
Cuba: +15% Ground Speed, +4% Cost (price goes up, not down)
Libya: +18% Rate of Fire, +11% Buildtime rate (more time used, not less)

I don't think I'll change Yuri, but if I do, it will not be just benefits - it will be a benefit and a drawback.

The changes to Cuba and South Korea seem kind of useless... Especially Cuba's - pay more for speed?
Hmm, you are right, maybe the Korean air speed could go up even more? Or maybe they could get two benefits? Maybe all countries should get two drawbacks and two benefits?

By the way, I have thought of a name for this mode. It is "Native War". It's the best I could think of that sounds good as well as describes the mode... is this name good - yay or nay?

Nay :unsure:

Its alright, I suppose, but Im sure there could be a better name. I dunno, I just dont like it...
"Superiority." That sounds like a good name. And the Korean will be fixed. Cuba is good rusher with Terrorists and Flak Tracks. They need speed.

South Korea: +25% Air Speed, -7% Armor

The Air Speed is important, as South Korea is the prime air assaulter (I love those Black Eagles). Armor is not needed.

I don't think that two benefits/drawbacks would do. Besides, there isn't that many options for different ones and that would get confusing and repetitive.

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
Indeed. Well, let's try to think up names for this mode. "Native War" may sound a little weird... I was going to call it "World War", which I like... opinions? Superiority sounds quite bad if you ask me... no offence to you Wrath Wink

Here's an updated list of country attributes:

Quote:United States: +11% Firepower, -6% Ground Speed
South Korea: +25% Air Speed, - 7% Armor

And ocne again, Yuri is still undecided right now - I want to either leave his side or give him a benefit and a drawback, just like the others. How about +14% Ground Speed, -10% firepower? I noticed that no country has lower firepower in the list so far.

I'm curious why an AirPower mode wouldn't work.

Allies get Rocketeers, IFVs, Harriers, Nighthawks (still got to move those Engineers...), and Aegis Cruisers. Soviets get Flak Troopers, Flak Tracks, Kirovs, and Sea Scorpions. Yuri gets um Floating Discs and uh... well, whatever AA and air units Whiteboy's Rules adds. No base defences though.

[EDIT]Additional ground speed for Yuri units would be nice. Send in those Masterminds!
An AirPower mode just sounds kind of boring IMO, unless you're somewhat obsessed with aircraft... got something to tell us, GrumblyStuff? Tongue

But not just that - it's also an idea where there would be a lot of holes in strategies etc. - it will be hard to balance out.

A lot of the stat changes you mention are true in real life (not all but some) so you could name it Stat War or Real war or actually something good. Tongue

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Mr. Pokey Wrote:The changes to Cuba and South Korea seem kind of useless... Especially Cuba's - pay more for speed?
omg, do you actually know how much advantageous more speed is, n00b ?? speed is critical begin game. I can rush you far more easily with a terrorist flak track or with rhino's.

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]
I agree. Seems that in this mode, Cuba will be the country to choose if you want to rush - and due to their high prices, Cube will not be as good later in the game. I like it Smile

Refering to Whiteboy's post up the page, I agree. Superiority sounds too cheesy. LOL

Anyway, I don't think Yuri should be a rusher, considering his almighty defences. I think that his Mining Capabilities should go up, and the Firepower (he has Mind-Control, anyway) should go down.

Psi-Corps: 12% Mining Capabilities, -8% Firepower

United States: +11% Firepower, -6% Ground Speed
South Korea: +25% Air Speed, - 7% Armor

Oh yeah, could you name the countries like that too (United States, South Korea and United Kingdom)? I don't like the original WW ones but that's just me. Tongue

I would... but that will affect parts of the mod I wouldn't want to... the text may not fit in. That's probably why they chose Korea, UK and America...

I like those stat changes a lot Wrath. One thing to note though, is that the Psi-Corps mining will only be improved with the Slave Miner, not other miners. Unless I give an ore purifying ability to the Yuri Conyard... but that's kind of pointless since you don't always have a Conyard up and you could create more of them, making income multiply... so I guess it's alright having just the Slave Miner benefiting, since it is Yuri's one and only harvester after all Tongue

There is a mining multiplier too. Wink

Wrath Wrote:Anyway, I don't think Yuri should be a rusher, considering his almighty defences. I think that his Mining Capabilities should go up, and the Firepower (he has Mind-Control, anyway) should go down.
he already is a rusher. the only difference with the soivets is that yuri also is a good late game side.

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]