Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas wanted
I would like buildups but you can relice that version as 1.51

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Oh yeah, I don't know why, but Whiteboy's Rules has a buildup problem where the buildup doesn't play at all (even for the structures like a CY, WF, etc). I hope this will be fixed.

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
It's fixed already, now all buildups play properly (except for things that don't have a buildup).

Off-topic: Hope y'all have a great Christmas by the way. For me, Xmas day is almost over. I got some T-shirts, shower gel, deodorant, a mug with my name on it... and some money towards a nice new phone Big Grin

Merry Christmas! :santa:

I just want to say that the mod will have 3 game mode sections, with about 15 modes in each one... that's about 45 modes, most of which are combinations of other basic modes. That's... a lot of modes. But they are well-organised and explained in the tooltips, so I have no intention of constricting the selection. Once I have finished the new Powers Divided modes, I'll post a screenshot of all the game modes in another topic.

Whiteboy Wrote:a mug with my name on it
Wow, where did you find one with Whiteboy on it? Tongue
Next to the one with "Blackboy" on it >_>

Proposal to make more sense: swap the veteran things for US and UK. Battle Fortress has a Scottish voice (well, an American guy trying to do a Scottish accent Tongue) and the US Navy SEAL is... US (duh).

So HopalongTom and I propose that the UK gets Battle Fortress for veteran thing and the US gets the SEAL. Yay or nay?

does it fit the persona of each side though? The UK are really infantry based, whereas the US are more brute force. I still think that the UK should get vet SEALs (even though by name it doesn't make sense) as they are more infantry based
Think about it. Who says the UK is more infantry based? You cannot judge an entire nation's military because in one video game, the UK has Snipers as a unique unit... :

And Battle Fortresses are designed to enhance infantry. If you think the US uses brute force... (a very strange statement) then it should have the Grizzly, Prism or GI as it's veteran thing.

Any more opinions?

I agree with your idea. Big Grin

Well, britain has the best trained soliders in the world, as we have so few of them, so giving them a vet infantry unit makes more sense, no?
But who cares. Rolling eyes
It doesn't matter - it's just a game.

@Mr. Pokey: In the military, you cannot generalise infantry as just "infantry". They use a lot of "tools" to enhance their abilities. One such tool in YR is the IFV - another one is the Battle Fortress. Without well-trained infantry, the BF is useless. So it does make sense that the UK gets the BF as veteran. And it also makes sense that the US gets Navy SEALS as veterans.

But like Wrath said, it's just a game of course Tongue

I will change it - the UK gets Battle Fortress as veteran, and the US gets SEALs. I'll start coding the modes (the raw code itself has been tested by Tom and it all works - now I have to implement it in the game modes). Here's the updated, and most likely final description of the mode set:

"Powers Divided" game modes

A mode set that makes countries more unique by adjusting their overall stats. In addition, each country has a unit or infantry that starts off as a veteran when built/trained/given to you at the start of a skirmish.

United States: +11% Firepower, -6% Ground Speed. Veteran infantry: Navy SEAL
South Korea: +25% Air Speed, - 7% Armor. Veteran unit: Harrier
France: + 20% Armor, -15% Infantry Armour & Speed. Veteran infantry: Guardian GI
Germany: +23% Firepower, +7% Cost (price goes up, not down). Veteran unit: Mirage Tank
United Kingdom: +21% Infantry Armour & Speed, -13% Rate of Fire. Veteran unit: Battle Fortress

Russia: -20% Buildtime Rate (less time used, not more), -13% Infantry Armour & Speed. Veteran unit: Rhino Tank
Iraq: +14% Armor, -8% Ground Speed. Veteran unit: Kirov Airship
Cuba: +15% Ground Speed, +4% Cost (price goes up, not down). Veteran unit: Flak Track
Libya: +18% Rate of Fire, +11% Buildtime rate (more time used, not less). Veteran unit: V3

Psi-Corps: Money from Ore +11%, -7% Firepower. Veteran unit: Floating Fortress

I also plan to implement a new mode - "Practice". THis is a mode that is designed to help players get familiar with the mod. SInce WR has lots of new things, and isn't exactly the simplest mod out there, I wanted to make a mode where players can explore the mod without co0nstantly bing annoyed (and likely killed) by the AI. In Practice mode, the AI will not attack. It will still build it's base as usual, and retaliate if you attack it, but it will not actively hunt you down and try to destroy you. It may not even use superweapons, including the Force Shield.

...or I can make the AI attack, but very, very lightly. Like send a few tanks at you every 10 minutes or so. The whole point of Practice mode is that ideally there shouldn't be an enemy (or there should be a "dummy" enemy) so players can take all the time they like to play around in the mod.

So Practice mode. Yay or nay?

Yay, for noobs. LOL

Oh yeah, for the Psi-Corps Stats, I think -8% Firepower is a little bit too much, don't you think? :suspect: I think -5% would do (the Lasher has little enough firepower already).