Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas wanted
...whoa, that sounds like a different game mode entirely 0_0 sorry, but Wrath and I don't really like those ideas... Unhappy However, paradrops sounds interesting. Having paradrops (probably edited ones) in Survival will help make it seem less of a "vehicles only" mode. I'll think about it Smile

Anyway, we have decided to have Terror Drones as the cheap unit for all sides, and to have the Modified School Bus (a transport that can repair stuff - i.e. to remove Terror Drones) as a shared unit. The price of Terror Drones will probably be decreased.

Dark-Assasin Wrote:Game modes sound cool. I don't think you should allow strong level tanks
only basic. IFVS, Rhino, Lasher, Gattling Tank, Flak Track and Grizzly. Scout Jeep and Terror Drone available to allied and Soviet. and allow yuris tank that lifts vehicles for his side. If your going to have weapons factory, might as well have a barracks, with basic Conscripts/GI. No guardian GI, but maybe sniper/virus. I would have a toss up between having engineers atleast to repair your buildings, but not to take over others.

No barracks. Too much coding. Tongue

And why no capital tanks? They are going to be edited so that you can only build one... Once. :ghost:

EDIT:

Myself and Whiteboy, we have been thinking, and we are planning to implement a paradrop into Survival Mode. Now, we are thinking of an anti-tank (AT) paradrop, where it is composed of Guardian G.I.s, Tesla Troopers, and Brutes, respectively for each side. We are asking to see if y'all agree, and what the stats (recharge time and how many infantry) should be. We're also wondering if the basic infantry (G.I.s, Conscripts, Initiates) should be implemented to counter the AT infantry. The basic infantry would, in turn, be mowed down by AA tanks. Sounds fair?

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
I suggest 6 anti-tank infantry and 6 GIs/Conscripts/Initiates (though these may need editing since Initiate>GI>Conscript). And a timer of 7 mins 30 seconds.

Wait, why am I the one giving an opinion, surely I should be asking the questions... Tongue 2h34r:

....hang on, am I even allowed to give my opinion? Rolling eyes

How are you gonna make GI/Initiate/Conscript all equal with each other?
A few edits to armour, speed, firepower etc... haven't quite decided yet; it needs a lot of thought.

Whiteboy Wrote:A few edits to armour, speed, firepower etc... haven't quite decided yet; it needs a lot of thought.
You could give the Soviets & Yuri Conscripts, and the Allied G.I. can't deploy.

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Give each one a different advantage. Like have Yuris guys more defense and slight speed. Conscripts speed and attack and GI's defense and attack but slow. Like other suggestions.

I'm happy if your only allowed to build one!

~John
[Image: ansatsig8mk.jpg]
It's a paradrop. Rolling eyes

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
Yes, but I still didnt think you were too limited on changing there stats. Might as well be thurough and fine tuned for complete enjoyment. Tongue

~John
I think there was some miscommunication there. Anyway, yes they will have to be balanced out since the Cost= value is obviously invalid in a paradrop.

add Airplane for all All's and Sov's and Yuri
It's already a Paradrop
I'm confused at this thread.

I'll try to clear things up. We're currently discussing Survival game mode, where all you have is an MCV that deploys into a War Factory. You can not build anything except for an Aid Chopper, Maintenence Transport (the Allied hovber transport with a repair arm), a cheaper Terror Drone, and a host of side-specific units that have all been modified and classified into groups (such as Siege, AA).

In addition, each side can use a paradrop with a few basic, side-specific infantry that are also modified and "classed" - anti-infantry, and anti-vehicle. Players cannot use infantry in any other way. The paradrops will take longer than usual to recharge.

What about AI. I have played survival mode with AI on another mod, and maybe this one, and the AI gets there conyard, and builds up.

~John
No-one but myself has played Surival mode. The one you played was a different mode under the same name - a mode that I scrapped in favour of the new idea of having a mode with no bases and limited units (which was Wrath's idea).

But you raise a good point. So far, the AI deploys it's MCV into a War Factory. It doesn't actually build any units :\ That's another obstacle in Survival mode that I have to overcome.