Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas wanted
An UPGRADED Tug Boat Big Grin After all, one excellent advantage in battle is the element of surprise.

A similar thing is Yuri's Upgraded School Bus and the Soviet Double Decker Paradox Bus. It's a "paradox" bus because it contradicts "teh lawz of physiks". It's basically a TARDIS - on wheels, (from Dr. Who - it means Time And Relative Dimension In Space). Basically, it's a land transport that can carry several tanks, yet it doesn't look like it can even carry one. I COULD use a different voxel - like a land carrier thing or something. But that's too normal and overused. Do tell me what you prefer. I kinda like the novelty double decker bus though Tongue

Oh, and I will not edit that typo, it's hillarious Tongue

Double Decker Paradox Bus FTW!!! A grand old idea Smile
Sounds good! But I don't think that should happen for the Allieds. Yuri is the guy who messes up things, but not the Allieds... The Tug Boat has to stick out somehow...

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
Whiteboy Wrote:An UPGRADED Tug Boat Big Grin After all, one excellent advantage in battle is the element of surprise.

A similar thing is Yuri's Upgraded School Bus and the Soviet Double Decker Paradox Bus. It's a paradox bus because it contradicts "teh lawz of physiks". It's a TARDIS, practically (from Dr. Who - it means Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Basically, it's a land transport that can carry several tanks, yet it doesn't look like it can even carry one. I COULD use a different voxel - like a land carrier thing or something. But that's too normal and overused. Do tell me what you prefer. I kinda like the novelty double decker bus though Tongue

Oh, and I will not edit that typo, it's hillarious Tongue
As long as you're putting the TARDIS in your mod why not go the full distance and use the appropriate image and everything; it is in the game after all. LOL
Wha wha wha? It is? I had no idea. Can you give me at least a vague clue as to where in the game files it's stored? IIRC there are red London phone booths, but not the old blue Police boxes.

Whiteboy Wrote:Wha wha wha? It is? I had no idea. Can you give me at least a vague clue as to where in the game files it's stored? IIRC there are red London phone booths, but not the old blue Police boxes.
Anyone willing to do a recolur of the red London phone booth to make an old blue Police box, Make it a Voxel and use it as a Chrono Transport with no phase in time.

Can hold one tank or infentry.

Death involves a cool Chrono effect.

Build limit one.

Allied after Einstein's Lab.

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Well it's not like you can just convert SHPs to Voxels like that. Voxel to SHP is easy, it's like getting toothpaste out of the tube. But the other way around is like getting the toothpaste back IN the tube Tongue

I cannot make it hold one tank or infantry - if it can hold one tank, it will also hold 3 infantry (there are obviously complexions but that's the basic rule).

I'd like the death of the Tardis to destroy all space and time. Or make a cool flashy effect all over the screen. Lol.

Anyway, I won't be using a Tardis because as cool as the Tardis is, there's no need for it. The mod's units are done; there's no more gaps in each faction's army to fill with such things as a new unit. Also there's no voxel around. So..it's a nice thought, but no Tardis. I'll leave that to imagination Tongue

Back on-topic: I'm currently trying to decide something, ragarding Assault mode and Infiltration mode. As you probably all know, Asssault is where each player has a "flag" structure (called a "Command Post" in WR), and if you destroy it OR capture it, you win. Infiltration mode is exactly the same, except you cannot damage the post - you have to use either Engineers or C4-enabled units to kill it.

I'm unsure if this will be enough difference between the two modes. In both modes Engineers can kill them and so can C4-enabled units. The only difference is that the Command Post is immune to everything else in Infiltration mode.

So, I think I should make the Assault mode Command Post uncapturable. This would mean that in Assault, you have to kill the post with normal means (that includes C4), and in Infiltration, you can ONLY use C4 or capturing. Sound good? The only thing stopping me is that some players may still want to be able to use Engineers (as well as normal means) to capture the post in Assault mode.

I think that in Assault, the Command Post should be not capturable, and not C4-able.

That effectively makes the C4 units a *little* bit broken in Assault... I'd maybe make them un-C4able, but there just so happens to be a problem in the coding of WR that prevents me from doing this (don't ask).

Ok, I will make the Command Post uncaptureable in Assault modes. This means that only normal damage including C4 can kill it.

In Infiltration modes, the Command Posts will be immune to damage apart for C4 and capturing. Hope this is all good Wink

Last question about modes: Survival mode. I haven't talked much about this. There is only one variant - Normal mode (for reasons that will be obvious as you read about it...). In Survival, you have no bases. Instead you must survive with your starting units, and a single "home unit". This is always one unit, and for the Allies it's the Chrono Ultima Tank, the Soviets have the Doomsday Devastator Tank, and Yuri has a modified Flying Fortress (much more armour, specifically). In a "Short Game", destroying the home unit results in that unit's army being instantly destroyed.

Amongst the normal WR starting units, Survival adds both IFVs and Railtanks, Reapers, Floating Fortresses (these are the 3 medium-level vehicles for each side, if you will, and they will only start with their owning side), and... Transport Attack Planes.

The question is about the Transport Attack Planes. It is essential that players have some kind of air transport, to help prevent stalemate situations where players just can't reach each other without the benefits a base could bring. This particular plane has an air-to-ground onboard Railgun as a weapon. Nothing particularly wrong there - it needs a weapon in the event that there is nothing but planes left over after a firefight. But the problem is that I cannot limit the starting planes to one - you sometimes have 3 or even 4 of them at the start of Survival mode.

I simply need to know if this sounds alright. it may be a little strange starting with a few transport planes...but it's all done for the mechanics of the game, so that this mode works. Sound Ok with you guys?

sure :grin:,
but I find that the wepon on the Transport Attack plane is a bit too much :dry:, because any map that has a plane on it to add "relistc effect" cause LOADS of havok because you can't shoot Civilion Aircraft with out Flak while it can shoot you.

Also the Rail Gun on the Plane has a suprisingly Looooong range, and anything inbetween the plane and the target get Destroyed or almost destroyed, a teribly tragity if you are playing an urban map and want to keep the buildings standing (if playing the Allies).

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
All players should also get some sort of hover vehicle, as sometimes map triggers involve the need of killing some naval thing (should be non-grappleable).

with the Assault mode, put a wall automatically around the command post (so that C-4 units can't get to it w/o a tank to break the wall.

In Infiltration mode, have it so AI builds its own wall after gameplay starts. or something like that.

~John
[Image: ansatsig8mk.jpg]
The AI builds walls around Command Posts in both modes, but there cannot be a wall placed around the CP "automatically", if that's what you mean. You will have to build it yourself.

There's no need for a hover vehicle in Survival since the plane can attack naval (and of course ground) targets (but we already spoke about htis is MSN, so the Plane stays Wink).

The Plane's Railgun isn't really long range... it's nothing like the Mammoth MK2's range and firepower. It's more like Ghost Stalker's. However Tom, I do agree with you about a Plane being hard to kill without anti-air (the only other way would be to wait for the plane to land... if the player is stupid enough to do that). So, I plan on... shaking up this mode a bit.

Me and Wrath have been discussing new rules to Survival mode. He came up with the idea that every player gets a War Factory. We developed it: players start off with limited funds with no way to increase them (no capturing Oil Derricks, however there may be the Aid Chopper so players can still transfer funds) and one MCV which deploys into a War Factory of that side. The WF will have better armour than usual, and will be non-captureable and non-mind-controlable (but there aren't any Engineers in Survival anyway, so why I'm saying this, I don't know Tongue).

There will be a strict set of units available from the main game, some of them edited for balance. Players will have to be smart with their cash and use lots of strategy since funds are limited. In a short game, destroying the War Factory will result in instant death for all units belonging to that player.

Here are the units, they may seem unbalanced but they HAVE been edited to the point that each group is evenly matched, so it still depends on player's skill to win:

Light/cheap units: Scout Jeep, Terror Drone, UNDECIDED*

Regular tanks: Grizzly, Rhino, Lasher

Anti-air units: IFV, Flak Track, Gattling Tank

Medium-level tanks: RailTank, Reaper, edited Floating Fortress

Siege units: Prism Tank, V3 Rocket Launcher (edited - a lot), Magnetron

Strongest-level Tanks (all edited to be more generally more powerful, except for where they are already pwoerful enough Tongue): Assault Police Car/Chrono Ultima Tank, Apocalypse, Mastermind.

It's undecided right now whether teh strongest tank for the Allies in this mode should be a nerfed Chrono Ultima Tank or the Assault Police Car.

*we haven't yet decided Yuri's cheap unit.

The mode should be rather interesting, I'll keep you posted Tongue

Game modes sound cool. I don't think you should allow strong level tanks
only basic. IFVS, Rhino, Lasher, Gattling Tank, Flak Track and Grizzly. Scout Jeep and Terror Drone available to allied and Soviet. and allow yuris tank that lifts vehicles for his side. If your going to have weapons factory, might as well have a barracks, with basic Conscripts/GI. No guardian GI, but maybe sniper/virus. I would have a toss up between having engineers atleast to repair your buildings, but not to take over others.

~John
[Image: ansatsig8mk.jpg]