Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Mod
I don't mind deleteing the one I got off RADEN, (not to be disrespectfull) but I don't know why, is there a reason to delete version 1.0.

Also will Yuri get a proper flag (because he has got a proper logo) or will he still be using the rubishy light post SHP.

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Flags are being made by none other than gamemate. He's doing the 3 of them - Allied, Soviet and Yuri. They will look damn good, I can assure you of that Big Grin

The reason to delete it is it's crappy LOL Well, OK, there is no technical need to delete it, it's just that the original version is something that I may have been happy with once, but now, I look back and it's an inferior mod when compared to version 1.5. The 2005 Edition fixes campaign and introduces a proper launcher, but it's still the same mod. Just hold your breath for V1.5 Tongue

V1.0 got these CO-OP campaigns, who i really like Smile

Is version 1.5 going to have a mode that play simeler to version 1.0 because version 1.0 is still pretty sweeet.

@nucl34r14: believe it or not, I kinda "accidentally" had the co-op campaigns. They are very untidy and they cause internal errors a lot. I removed that game mode from version 1.5...

Version 1.5's game modes are split in two. The first, called "cross-tech" modes, are basically version 1.0's general premise - you can eventually, after teching up a lot, get access to different country's things and even other faction's things. Then there are "normal" modes which are basically non-cross-tech - they don't have the option of getting other country's things etc.

For both modes, the 5 "super-secret" things are accesable by constructing a mega-expensive, disableable "Reinforcements Beacon". But in cross-tech modes it's easier to get the secret stuff, since building things from all 3 factions (e.g. all 3 barracks) also gets you access to some secret stuff. In non-cross-tech modes, it is still possible to get secret stuff without a Reinforcements Beacon, but it's much harder as you'll ahve to capture many things from your enemies, e.g. you will have to have all 3 Armageddon Engines, etc. etc. and some things aren't even capturable.

In short, you can play WRV1.5 as a spammy n00b, as an uber-1337 haxor, or anywhere in between, so hopefully there's something for everyone in it Big Grin

By the way, I believe I made a post about the game modes with a screenshot. In the "Mod Progress" topic it was, I believe. Can't remember exactly - search for it yourself Tongue

Yeh you did mention about differnt game modes somewhere else but not in this much detail.

I'm really looking forward to 1.5 now!