Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few more positions to be filled
I would, but I aint that good lol. As I said before. How many did you plan like as much as possible up to like 15 or like just 2 or 3, or 5 or 10? How many Temperate, Urban, New urban, Lunar and Desert? I can atleast send some ideas TF's direction, using window paint Tongue

~John
[Image: ansatsig8mk.jpg]
And Maps overwrite Rules.ini for the map. So it has priority, build speed and other general flags/rules shouldnt cause any sort of problems(unless you messup and mistype something). As long as no new units/weapon mods are added. Build Speed, maybe How much cash a CAOILD gives and so on. SO that is practical/possible.

~John
ansatsu, you can make good maps, like I said before: look to featured maps

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]
Lol. Well Iono I run in the map editor, think of a concept, about 1/4 way through my concept, it starts to look crappy Tongue

~John
that's also with me :grin: look, that's something you think, but actually it isn' crappy. just go on with the job and it will look good when you are ready

And of course, it looks better when people tell you it's good Big Grin In a manner of speaking. About the # of maps - I originally planned 0 maps in WR but then decided it would be cool if the mod has an "official map" that makes good use of the mod's new units/structures/rules. So that makes 1 map. I really do not mind if it's just 1 - but 3 would be very nice and 5 would be fantastic. I don't think I'll go over 5 - the mod's size would be too much (it's 4.6MB without any maps BTW).

I'm already having ideas for maps. One with some neutral Armageddon Engines and a Cluster Nuke Silo on an island in the center, ready to be captured by the player who can get to it first. And getting to them won't be easy thanks to difficult terrain and other players...

you wan't hard ?? you get hard !! Tongue

whiteboy, I will try to make 2-3 maps, so find another mapmaker to make the others.
another suggestion is, what if you make an apart file wich contains the maps, so people can download the maps if they wan't ? of course, you can only "see" and play the map if you have WR. this also solves the problem of too huge files, resulting in more maps (you will have then more mapmakers then of course)

Now there's a good idea. I think I'll just do that - make a map expansion to the mod. Making the mod the only one to "see" the maps is something I don't know about - maybe I'll ask Cannis about this since he and Deezire have done it with the Assault map packs.

That's what the PKT file does. This bit from the Assault dev readme should give you a clue:
Quote:My advice is that you use this PKT file as a base for the creation of your mod's PKT file. Rename the file to YOURMOD.PKT (where YOURMOD is the name of your mod) to avoid user confusion. If your mod does not add any other new maps, then this PKT may need no internal modification at all.

C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
Ahh, thanks Cannis. Now I need to find that file. But once I find it, how do I go about editing it?

i could make a map for you. just tell me if you want a lot of water or not.i have a good one finished. Tell me if you are intrested.
Can I see it?
Hell, I'm lucky I'm a Beta and Flak doesn't have the clearance to look at my maps. Tongue
You read the "Ultimatium" thread yet YR90? It's right here in the WR forums.

I have sent the map to you tell me if you receved it flak.