Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few more positions to be filled
Hi everyone! A little update for those who cannot access the private Beta forums: testing feedback has been coming fast and hard, with suggestions from almost every tester... I am currently planning things out. But things will go so much faster if I had a couple more people working on the mod. Co-developers if you will. The specific positions I could really do with filling right now are as follows:

A graphics editor or two (basic graphics editing will do fine, SHP editing skills essential but not neccessarily Voxel editing skills)

A map-maker: Preferably with 1337 mapmaking skillz. YuriRuler90 has already offered to show me a map of his I can use. The idea is that the mod has it's own exclusive maps. They will be the official mapos of Whiteboy's Rules, and they will be designed with the mod in mind - e.g. lots of water for the new ships, some isolated islands or areas of land for the new Amphibious units, transportation methods (you can transport vehicles by air) and subterannean units, etc. etc. Just one map will do if it's goon enough.

That's it for now. I was going to maybe have a skirmish mode ini editor as well, but I'll think of that later. Entith is currently working on AI, but any help or offers to do a staple AI to cater for the new units would be gladly accepted (especially since Entith is just learning AI himself) :biggrin:

All persons who offer to help will be recognised in the mod's credits and on the website as co-develoers of Whiteboy's Rules. So come on, what are you waiting for? Be a part of this unique mod today!

Are you doing TX maps or regular ones?
Eh? I don't get your post mrruben. But yeah, I already talked about cameos in the Beta Testing forum. I may have a few in the future - I'll get back to you on that.

Katmandu: I'll be doing regular maps. I don't want people to have to downlaod that 13MB+ TX to paly a couple of maps. Besides, I'm gonna get enough newbies emailing me asking why they can't play assault maps, let alone TX maps (since they are too stupid to download the Assault mappacks and the TX). I'm sick of getting emailed by n00bs.

Whiteboy Wrote:I'm gonna get enough newbies emailing me asking why they can't play assault maps, let alone TX maps (since they are too stupid to download the Assault mappacks and the TX). I'm sick of getting emailed by n00bs.
+1. I would hate that too. Half the time before u email them back they go OH I figure it out. IM A DUMBASS. Ohwell. Always gonna be people like that. :glare:

~John
[Image: ansatsig8mk.jpg]
TX is a must-have if you ask me... the game is quite flawed without it.
I agree with flak.
whiteboy, if you change your mind and do wan't the TX, I might make desert map with water

[Image: truefeelsra2yrsig3kn.gif]
Its about 6 meg not 13...

[Image: signature.png]
[Image: yes.png][Image: vote.png][Image: no.png]
I just downloaded it, 6.2 mb. Still too much to ask.
Have the 4 or 5 maps that are not TX based, and have a couple of extra TX added with a side note that require terrain expansion, or why not just add them to mod? WBR 1.5 and than WBR 1.5 w TX

~John
That sounds like a good idea. Wink
Hmm yeah, I could have a "mod expansion" download or something. How does the TX work anyway? Does it have to be embedded into the mod itself for it to work with included maps, or do the mod players have to download the TX to play the TX maps? What I really want is something totally embedded so users don't have to hunt for downloads on the net.

The idea that Dark-Assasin touched on is good - I would have two final releases - one with TX maps (and the TX itself included it it has to be done that way), and the other with no TX support at all.

I believe the only thing there is ExpandMD06 and EcacheAssault or somethingl ike that.

~John
http://tx.cannis.net
http://assault.cannis.net
Yeah Thanks. THe Assault Map Packs are the EcacheAssault. The TX is ExpandMD06.mix.

~John
They both don't harm online play, so you don't have to delete them or whatever.