Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Optimize YR and fix bug!!
Like Userpatch for Age of Empires II,why ares doesn't do all his efforts to optimize YR and fix bug?Mods are boring,battle lan is more interesting.The Brilliant of aoe2 still last because of UP,as the same I think the Brilliant of YR will thanks to ares.Your efforts is right,but the direction is wrong.So please optimize YR and fix bug,nothing more!
Ares does fix a lot of bugs already, but that isn't the only purpose of Ares. Personally, I don't see the need to spend my time to only fix bugs in Yuri's Revenge and to optimize it. But I would not refuse to include any working bugfix another coder came up with. That is, a change not for the sake of change, but a fix for a game behavior that is widely considered a bug.
(15.09.2014, 16:41:16)AlexB Wrote: Ares does fix a lot of bugs already, but that isn't the only purpose of Ares. Personally, I don't see the need to spend my time to only fix bugs in Yuri's Revenge and to optimize it. But I would not refuse to include any working bugfix another coder came up with. That is, a change not for the sake of change, but a fix for a game behavior that is widely considered a bug.
Do u see UP of aoe2?They changed nothing,just improve it,we do ares almost all for mod,the mod little people play,most played is ra2/yr.
That is not what Ares does. Btw, no one stops you from using Ares with the vanilla game. Ares doesn't have to be used with mods.
I'd like to ask you why are you so sure that pure YR is more played than mods in these days. It's quite well known that XWIS's YR player lobby is empty and Mental Omega's lobby has a bigger activity of players.

Not to mention, most of the people who would play pure YR only probably wouldn't even download or know about Ares since there is no central community for the game now, which would allow casual nonmod players getting known of it on the first place. EA's forums are oriented towards postGen games, that's a fact.

I do acknowledge, pure RA2 is still played nowadays. But thats an entirely different story - competetive multiplayer is all about some bugs being banned and others abused. And the many, many efforts to change or fix it via UPs have failed many times already. See RA2 1.007 as reference.
(18.09.2014, 12:14:07)Graion Dilach Wrote: I'd like to ask you why are you so sure that pure YR is more played than mods in these days. It's quite well known that XWIS's YR player lobby is empty and Mental Omega's lobby has a bigger activity of players.

Not to mention, most of the people who would play pure YR only probably wouldn't even download or know about Ares since there is no central community for the game now, which would allow casual nonmod players getting known of it on the first place. EA's forums are oriented towards postGen games, that's a fact.

I do acknowledge, pure RA2 is still played nowadays. But thats an entirely different story - competetive multiplayer is all about some bugs being banned and others abused. And the many, many efforts to change or fix it via UPs have failed many times already. See RA2 1.007 as reference.
I see UP of aoe2,so I want YR have another brilliant.Still many players play pure YR,as I know,because I play with them.
And many players play mods because I play with them. Your words go against mine. Except that I can point towards statistics. http://cncnet.org/network-status-4 (yes, that pink line is the active players running a mod based on Ares - they don't find mods boring).

And I just read that UserPatch you're promoting here (tbh, AoE2 was imo a meh game anyway, 1 was better) and it also added modspecific stuff - the AIs you can add via it are mods.

Usually I wouldn't care but you see, the project is now half a decade old. Noone came here, stated mods are boring, just fix stuff - you're the first person interested in such. But there have been many modders who has been also interested and their userbase players, so even if there's an active pure YR community outside (which I still doubt) they never really tried to contact the developers so far.

RA2 players did, DaRTzO always were interested in this and Olaf is also on behalf of the RA2 community moreso.
(19.09.2014, 16:47:27)Graion Dilach Wrote: And many players play mods because I play with them. Your words go against mine. Except that I can point towards statistics. http://cncnet.org/network-status-4 (yes, that pink line is the active players running a mod based on Ares - they don't find mods boring).

And I just read that UserPatch you're promoting here (tbh, AoE2 was imo a meh game anyway, 1 was better) and it also added modspecific stuff - the AIs you can add via it are mods.

Usually I wouldn't care but you see, the project is now half a decade old. Noone came here, stated mods are boring, just fix stuff - you're the first person interested in such. But there have been many modders who has been also interested and their userbase players, so even if there's an active pure YR community outside (which I still doubt) they never really tried to contact the developers so far.

RA2 players did, DaRTzO always were interested in this and Olaf is also on behalf of the RA2 community moreso.

but at least please make YR more smooth,as I try,ares/nptach is more lag than the original YR.
(17.09.2014, 21:44:06)AlexB Wrote: That is not what Ares does. Btw, no one stops you from using Ares with the vanilla game. Ares doesn't have to be used with mods.

your CnCGraphicsPatch is very good.and I tried ddraw,they are faster but unstable.Ts-ddraw is the most fast,but very unstable,looks like unsmooth.So if can u make a ddraw for YR,let YR more smooth?

Automatically merged
(19.09.2014, 16:47:27)Graion Dilach Wrote: And many players play mods because I play with them. Your words go against mine. Except that I can point towards statistics. http://cncnet.org/network-status-4 (yes, that pink line is the active players running a mod based on Ares - they don't find mods boring).

So,u plan to make ares more fast like ts-ddraw?because now ares is lag....
U know why I want to Optimize YR and fix bug?Although YR is old game,but still have newer to play it,but it can't run if u don't set win2000 win98 ...So this prevent them to enjoy it.And when we play togehter,still have many problems.That's annoying.