Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MODENC
I would be willing to help keep MODENC up and running if I am given the chance to help...
I was going to apply, but then the cut-off time was unexpectedly changed from 31st to 28th and I didn't have the chance to. :S
WTBClan AKA Rodrigo Gonzales AKA NCoder
when did this happen? time i mean.....I will be having alot of free time since all my doctor appts will no longer be an issue.
(30.10.2012, 23:44:45)WTBClan Wrote: I was going to apply, but then the cut-off time was unexpectedly changed from 31st to 28th and I didn't have the chance to. :S
What stopped you the five weeks before that?

@Nikademis Go right ahead and convert DeeZire imports, if you want to.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
The fact that I did not even log into ModEnc for 2 months or so because I was busy with university stuff, so I did not even know how dire the situation was over there.
No offense, but if it's a perfectly normal occurrence for you that you can't access ModEnc for two months, you might not be the best person to maintain it in the first place. Wink
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I have spent the last 2 days going through 85% of the MODENC and I have seen repetitive entries. Is there a way I can get a downloadable form of this? I have a program that should be able to open most styles of programs so I can condense these entries and maybe merge a couple of like topics.

If it is not, I will continue the project I started with trying to make the a PDF file or at least a Works file. I might have a question or two concerning a couple entries. I would need to know if there is some info that is not really relative to most of community that I could delete. The question is something I have seen in multi topics so once I ask it, it should, but not always, the same results.
Well... my priorities can be reassessed if needed. If I was maintainer, I'd give that a pretty high priority of course.
(31.10.2012, 23:29:28)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: I have spent the last 2 days going through 85% of the MODENC and I have seen repetitive entries. Is there a way I can get a downloadable form of this? I have a program that should be able to open most styles of programs so I can condense these entries and maybe merge a couple of like topics.

I don't think repetitive presentation of information (such as multiple pages using similar wording) matters much as long as the information in question is useful & accurate. This can also be used intentionally to emphasis that multiple flags, for an example, function in same fashion apart from some minor differences.

I also don't think that there's much of need to merge pages, unless there are multiple pages for like one INI flag (which is actually the case with atleast one flag - I could look into that later when I get home) or some general articles/tutorials etc. that cover mostly the same subject.

[Image: s1.png]
[Image: s2.png][Image: s3.png][Image: s4.png][Image: s5.png][Image: s6.png]
i will look and post up a few topics that i have seen to help you out
(31.10.2012, 23:29:28)Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote: I have spent the last 2 days going through 85% of the MODENC and I have seen repetitive entries. Is there a way I can get a downloadable form of this? I have a program that should be able to open most styles of programs so I can condense these entries and maybe merge a couple of like topics.

If it is not, I will continue the project I started with trying to make the a PDF file or at least a Works file. I might have a question or two concerning a couple entries. I would need to know if there is some info that is not really relative to most of community that I could delete. The question is something I have seen in multi topics so once I ask it, it should, but not always, the same results.
And this right here is the reason you will not become the maintainer of ModEnc.

Not only is this complete madness in terms of how you want to do it (downloading all of ModEnc, running it through some program, and then re-uploading it? Are you high?), but if I actually wanted to find duplicates and randomly merge pages, this would be far easier using the database directly or the bot.

I appreciate help. But this is not help. This is misunderstanding the problem and trying to fix said misunderstood problem in a way that is utterly inappropriate for the system.

eeZire_definitions" title="CategoryBig GrineeZire_definitions on the C&C Modding Encyclopedia">This is a list of all flag pages who have not yet been properly converted from their DeeZire import. If you truly want to help, pick the ones you actually know and understand, and convert them into a proper wiki page.

That would be helpful. Making PDFs out of ModEnc will not be.
Forum Rules

ok, i will check out the list and see if i know what is going on