Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch Base doesn't read YPL Files?
Good day Mentlegen!

I've been having this issue for sometime with Launch Base. Essentially, I've tried changing around the Music for YR, but I keep getting the default Score and Song Selection every time the game loads up. I don't think Launch Base is reading the files. My Theme.ypl code can be seen here:

Quote:; THEME.INI
; Lists and controls the musical themes available in the game.

; ******* Theme Controls *******
; Each theme is listed here. Even if the theme is not normally available
; in the play list, it still must be declared.

[Themes]
1=INTRO
2=SCORE
3=LOADING
4=CREDITS
5=RA2Options
6=BrainFreeze
7=Scat
8=Deceiver
9=PhatAttack
10=BullyKit
11=DefendTheBase
12=Tactics
13=TranceLVania

; ******* Individual Theme Data *******
; The following sections supply the information specific to
; each theme declared.
;
; Name = display name of the theme (string label)
; Length = length of the theme (in minutes)
; Normal = Is it available through the in-game theme play list (def=yes)?
; Scenario = the scenario when the theme becomes available (def=0)
; Side = which side [or sides] get to hear this theme
; Repeat = Does this theme always loop (def=no)?

[INTRO]
Name=THEME:Intro
Sound=Test
Normal=no
Repeat=yes

[SCORE]
Sound=ScoreX
Normal=no
Repeat=yes

[BrainFreeze]
Name=THEME:BrainFreeze
Sound=BrainFre
Normal=yes

[Scat]
Name=THEMEBig Grinrok
Sound=Scat
Normal=yes

[Deceiver]
Name=THEMEBig Grineceiver
Sound=Deceiver
Normal=yes

[PhatAttack]
Name=THEMETonguehatAttack
Sound=PhatAtta
Normal=yes

[BullyKit]
Name=THEME:BullyKit
Sound=Bully
Normal=yes

[DefendTheBase]
Name=THEMEBig GrinefendTheBase
Sound=Defend
Normal=yes

[Tactics]
Name=THEME:Tactics
Sound=Tactics
Normal=yes

[TranceLVania]
Name=THEME:TranceLVania
Sound=TranceLV
Normal=yes

The reason INTRO was changed was so I'd know immediately if the YPL File was working or not. Anyways, I put the song into the Themes Folder and the YPL file into the Mod Directory (i.e: Not in any of the Mod Creator's Folders). The Mod launches and it asks what Playlist I'd like to use. All so far so good. Then the game loads and...I hear "Drok" by Frank Klepacki. Not that there's anything wrong with that, other than the files haven't loaded into the game properly.

Has anyone else had this error? Has anyone else for that matter been able to fix this error, or know a way around it?
Code:
[YRPMINTR] ;Fake track that stores information for YRPM
Soundtrack=9
Track=2
Option=1

[YRPMLOAD] ;Fake track that stores information for YRPM
Soundtrack=9
Track=5
Option=1

[YRPMSCOR] ;Fake track that stores information for YRPM
Soundtrack=9
Track=9
Option=1

[YRPMOPTS] ;Fake track that stores information for YRPM
Music=yes
Shuffle=yes

Add these into your thememd. You don't even have to list them in the array, but place them into somewhere.
The Dummy tracks don't work. I've tried running with YR Playlist Manager, I've tried adding them to the Array, I've tried not adding them to the Array. I'm still coming up blank -_-
Add it into the file directly. Also ypl goes into mod folder like LaunchBase/Mods/Modname.
(20.04.2012, 18:38:24)Graion Dilach Wrote: Add it into the file directly. Also ypl goes into mod folder like LaunchBase/Mods/Modname.

Still getting the same bug. I've posted my YPL file here for examination. Also, some screenshots.

As I understand it, LaunchBase/Mods/Modname would look something like this on Mod Creator:

[Image: Screen1.png]

Launch Base is checked to read YPL Files:

[Image: Screen2.png]

I have YR Playlist Manager installed:

[Image: Screen3.png]

And as my YPL File will show, your pieces of code have been added. As far as I know, I'm doing everything right.
OK, I'll take a closer look tonight. I know I had this trouble too when I rewrote my own thememd from scratch. And I know I have fixed it.
I'll be waiting X3
Funstuff... without changing a single bit in your thememd, it worked here.

Yes, file is at the right place considering in LBMC, but where it is within LaunchBase/Mods itself?
(21.04.2012, 20:31:40)Graion Dilach Wrote: Funstuff... without changing a single bit in your thememd, it worked here.

Yes, file is at the right place considering in LBMC, but where it is within LaunchBase/Mods itself?

As I recall, whenever I delete the Mod after a test run, it always says I have to remove a file - a folder named Node0 or something. My assumption at this point (and going by what your saying) is that it shouldn't be making this folder, correct?
Wait. Wait a second. How do you mod in LB?

I am using LB locally ATM. In my setup, I have a development mod where I directly mess all my stuff, and I launch it everyday. I don't care about LBMC. When I think it's state is enough mature for a compiled backup, then I launch LBMC and create a LBMC project file and an installer.

You don't even need LBMC for anything. If the mod is listed on the main window (it has a launcher/liblist.gam) then it'll work everytime and you don't need LBMC after every change. In that case, put ypl into mod's main folder and it's done.

For additional help, here you are, a screenshot of my current LB setup and thememd. These works, I am sure.

http://yras.cncguild.net/other/ASTheme.zip
(21.04.2012, 21:17:07)Graion Dilach Wrote: Wait. Wait a second. How do you mod in LB?

I am using LB locally ATM. In my setup, I have a development mod where I directly mess all my stuff, and I launch it everyday. I don't care about LBMC. When I think it's state is enough mature for a compiled backup, then I launch LBMC and create a LBMC project file and an installer.

You don't even need LBMC for anything. If the mod is listed on the main window (it has a launcher/liblist.gam) then it'll work everytime and you don't need LBMC after every change. In that case, put ypl into mod's main folder and it's done.

For additional help, here you are, a screenshot of my current LB setup and thememd. These works, I am sure.

http://yras.cncguild.net/other/ASTheme.zip

Ack! I've got it to work now! Looks like the Node0 Folder was the issue. I've taken your advice and quickly made a Shortcut to the Mod's folder, so I can get in and change things quickly without needing to uninstall and reinstall the mod every time.

Thank you for your time, Mr Diatch.
Ah, no worries. With the absense of Marshall, it's me who provides the LB support. Glad it got sorted out.
Thanks Graion, you're a star. Apologies for my absence of late.

Node0 sounds like a bug in LBMC for sure. I'll take a look when I get a chance, if you can post instructions for replicating getting that folder it may help.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.