Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're back.
Once again, some lame skriptkiddie needed to get off, but at least this time it left behind proof of his inability to hack himself...look how the site would have sported the following text:
lame skriptkiddie Wrote:.: [ ReDSKulL Owned Your Site ] :.
as well as
lame skriptkiddie Wrote:ThiS SiTe HaCkEd By ReDSKulL HaCkEr
...yeah, right.

Look what the sourcecode says:
sourcecode Wrote:<!-- Original: Eric Stremming <estremming@hotmail.com> -->
<!-- Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Club/5970 -->

<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->
Any questions?
I guess it was one of those pathetic n00bs I met at DZ, or perhaps people we banned recently. That, or simply someone who googled for a particular version'd script he knew was flawed. (Update: Unconfirmed rumor had it that our beloved [whatever]Prime was the attacker, but emphasis is on "unconfirmed". Would fit his style, though.)

Either way, since it was just a lame kiddie and no real hacker, the "only" damage we took was that all files on the main account were gone. This means:
  • Most actual content is still there, since it was stored in the database
  • The hostee-accounts as well as ModEnc, QDB etc were not touched
  • All files from File Fortress, the gallery, forum attachments as well as avatars are gone and need to be re-uploaded.
  • We used this opportunity to switch forum softwares. We replaced our outdated IPB trial-version with MyBB. This will, of course, lead to a short transition period, as we need to adjust settings, but thanks to our Level 20 DCoder, all posts and users are still there Wink

In addition to this whole kiddie-incident, however, our host, the by now infamous X1, decided to pull a suprise move on us...literally. They gradually moved all my accounts to a new server without notifying me beforehand, and, in fact, implied it was part of the move that all my files were gone (DCoder later realized where our files really had gone). While doing that, they also shut down the DNS-servers we were using, fucked other things up, etc., etc. By the time of this writing, *.renegadeprojects.com subdomains still don't work. ?_?

Just to make this 100% clear: The damage done by the kiddie was fixed within a few hours. The whole downtime/unreachable/cannot be found story was and is due to the host, and is entirely unrelated.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but keep in mind: I was taken by surprise just as you.

Oh, and I demand you all make some noise for DCoder. If it wasn't for him, we'd still be stuck with IPB 2.0.0.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Well, it's good to see this site back on its feet. Hope no one does it again. This site is pretty kewl. Big Grin
[Image: status_uid1.jpg]
[Image: sig.gif]
[Image: anti_txt_banner.gif]
where's the army system?
I'm itching to continue my game.
I haven't seen an Army System mod for this engine, and I'm definitely not converting the thing myself. At least for the time being.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
If I find a decent forum game for MyBB, I'll install it. Promise. Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.