Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMX & avoiding CSF
IIRC there was a way to avoid CSF when using MMX maps. How was this done and does this also work in RA2 or is it YR only?
What exactly do you mean by "avoiding CSF"?

I'm also not sure if this has anything to do with Ares...
It's a bad sign when even I notice something could've been phrased more diplomatically, Worm. Be nice.

Administrative Notice:

Moved to general YR modding area.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Sorry, I don't think there's a way to do that. Blade might know better though.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Not that I know of, was it a feature of Npatch maybe?
Maybe the feature was requested but never implemented by WW. It's easy to implement though.
Am I the only one not knowing about the feature? Which feature/what's the problem? Wtf

Is it the requirement for MMX/YRO files to contain a PKT file pointing to a name string in the CSF file?

With Ares it should be possible using the NOSTR: prefix to use the tag value as text opposed to using it as a CSF file label. I haven't tested this, but NOSTR: might work.
Yes, that's the feature!
NOSTR: works in all contexts where CSF is used, but it only allows up to 26 characters.

Ah, thanks a lot! Is that an Ares feature or a YR feature? It's not working in RA2.
It's an Ares feature. (That's why I didn't mention it initially, under the assumption that if you were looking for Ares information you would have asked in the Ares forum.)

I think I did post in the Ares forum, but the thread was moved.
...because there was no sign you were asking about Ares features.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.