Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI Editor Error
Today, I attempted running AI Editor on my laptop for the first time.

This is the error I received-
C:\Program Files\CNC_Tools\AI Editor\AIEditor.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

Going into that log, I found this-
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\CnC_Tools\AI Editor\AIEditor.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\CnC_Tools\AI Editor\AIEditor.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

OS is Vista 32bit.
Any idea as to why this is happening and where to go/what to do to remedy it?
Star Strike Next Beta :V.7x -- (current version=V.6x Build 2)
Star Strike TC Forums
Star Strike Website
Yeah, it won't work on Vista. Mostly because I released it before Vista, and I don't have the source anymore.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
what did you write the program in? I find this program VERY useful when running it with Windows ME. I have a friend thats pretty good with certain kinds of programming maybe he could help write something.
Nikademis Von Hisson Wrote:what did you write the program in? I find this program VERY useful when running it with Windows ME. I have a friend thats pretty good with certain kinds of programming maybe he could help write something.

First things first, why the FUCK are you running Windows ME? Wtf (disbelieving) It's a bug-ridden OS, prone to crashing and freezing. I say, install Windows XP with SP2, or go back to Windows 98; either of them are a lot less bugged than Windows ME.
It's completely irrelevant in which programming language DCoder wrote his AI Editor, but if it helps, he wrote it in Delphi. Also, learn proper English. It will actually help you get an answer.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
What the? Harsh and totally unfounded I feel, Electro.

For starters, I used Windows ME right up until XP was no longer supported by M$ - I personally had very few problems with ME and certainly found it better than 98.

It's not irrelevant which language a program is written in - not if someone has knowledge of only certain languages and is offering to assist with something. It's only irrelevant in as much as I doubt DCoder is needing or wanting any assistance with the AI editor.

Lastly, I thought his English was actually pretty damn good. In fact, apart from a capital letter, an apostrophe and a comma, I think his post was perfectly well written.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I under stand DCoder not wanting anything, just that I have a friend with spare time on his hands maybe do something constructive with his time.

Windows ME is on my old computer that I use for testing my rules/AI/Mod. I really dont have any problems with it, very rarely crashes. Usually when I don't defrag it. My laptop has Vista (I know it sucks, lol).

As for my English...well I was tired when I wrote it, but as I re-read it WTF...LOL what is wrong with my english?
Electro seems to be grumpy... Anyway. As he said, it was written in Delphi and ASPack'd for size reasons. I would rather see a new editor built from scratch than this one hacked to oblivion.

I hate to Necropost, but I'm having the exact same problem. I'm using Win 7 64 bit. I recall there being a fix of sorts, but I can't seem to find it now.

Anyone avalible to give us a hand if possible?
The only fix there is is here: http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...p?tid=1018

(21.03.2012, 19:09:43)DCoder Wrote: The only fix there is is here: http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...p?tid=1018

That's what I thought. Cheers!