Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft!
Since you guys are having a break until December ( Unhappy ), why not spend some time playing Minecraft?

I have recently moved away from UT2004 development and the next thing in line for me will probably be Minecraft. I have established a Minecraft server on the same host on which I took care of some UT2004 servers, and at the risk of sounding like a vacuum salesman, I'd like to invite you guys to join us. Smile

Here's the server info thread on our forum: http://bigbattleservers.com/forum/viewto...=40&t=3301

Hope to see you!
What's the general opinion about Minecraft on here, btw?
[Image: jsfml.png]
The post gives the impression that you're running Beta versions. According to Wikipedia, the Beta versions costs money. Just throwing that out there, since I myself have no idea of Minecraft, and I'm guessing others might appreciate the heads-up.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Ren, how should I say... finders keepers.

Personally, I played 1.6.6 with the Millénaire mod and while it surely good as a sandbox, the aimless gameplay wasn't that entertaining for me. I needed Millénaire to play for something after all.
Minecraft is awesome. Me and kids from school build mega projects all the time. You guys should definitely check it out.
@Graion: Two things I can say, get 1.8 and honestly, you have to play minecraft online with friends. That aimlessness you feel disappears immediately when there are several other people to play, build, and kill with.

If you enjoyed anything about minecraft then I guarantee that you will love it if you play the latest version online.
Renegade Wrote:The post gives the impression that you're running Beta versions. According to Wikipedia, the Beta versions costs money.
Yes, and we even do a premium check to avoid having to deal with too many griefers. For what I can say, Minecraft Beta is worth its €15 if you're into any kind of multiplayer sandbox. Not sure if it can be compared to gmod really, but add a Survival mode to it and that's about the genre (although lately with increasing adventure and RPG elements!). Anyway, it didn't sell 3+ million copies already for nothing. Big Grin

WoRmINaToR Wrote:you have to play minecraft online with friends. That aimlessness you feel disappears immediately when there are several other people to play, build, and kill with
Totally agree. I have played singleplayer for a short while and it bored me to death, almost dumped the game again. Then I had the idea of hosting a server, best idea ever. Big Grin
I already play a game where you have to create something useful out of blocks. The blocks usually end in }. Wink
Telling you, Minecraft is worth every penny. Online is great and you can expand on a city or house forever. I had a house that was 3 chunks long. I needed a railway to get around in it. You have the the ability to build anything possible. I even created a few mods for it. You will not be disappointed in MC.
I play singleplayer Minecraft just fine, I enjoy the challenge of surviving by myself while building stuff out of rare materials. I also think some of the world generation in the newer 1.8 version is pretty wacky at times.
Leader of Soviet Dawn: Incursion. Representative of the CnC Guild, moderator and PR staff. Go make the Guild alive!
so u also know java pd?
i will start playing minecraft for one reason: to develop features to it(improving my java skills).
Java student.
In the past 3 years I have mastered Java, I use it on my job daily, and have several private projects going (one soon to be public).
I will definitely be modding this game, well, I already am. The server is running a plugin I wrote, it allows the creation of claimable plots and for players to claim them. Smile
Interesting. Can you make it possible so Syringe can inject java code into YR(doubt this is possible, but worth asking)?
Java student.
Ewww. Also, off-topic. Off topic!
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Just to clear it up: of course it's possible. But I'd like to second this:
Renegade Wrote:Ewww.
if its not to much work, you should give do it as a christmast gift Big Grin
Java student.