Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed development of YR 1.002 Community Patch
Peace through power.
Renegade;date=Mar 6 2005, 01:30 AM Wrote:One Vision!
One Purpose!
[right][snapback]650[/snapback][/right]
Big Jah;date=Mar 6 2005, 01:48 AM Wrote:Peace through power.
[right][snapback]652[/snapback][/right]

I love that words Smile LOL

BTW: I will ask my friends for their YR cds on different languages, so we could get more langmd.mix files
GAMEMD.EXE - the hidden part must be hacked
Excellent - but remember: we need the 1.001 versions of the langmd.mix files!
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Well... worse comes to worse, you could substitute the gathered langmd.mix files for your own, and apply the appropriate language-specific patch, and then you'd have 1.001 versions.

You'd have to completely uninstall and reinstall before each attempt, because the patches don't work if the game is seen by the patch program to be already patched (I always thought this was stupid).

Some nagging thought in the back of my mind tells me this is a risky thing to do. Hmmm... well don't pay any attention to me. Running lots of different versions of EA patches, what can go wrong?
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
I know it's far from perfect, but I like it better than Blade's Pink Revenge Tongue
[ Download ]

Did everybody who wanted it download the langmd.mix yet? (i.e. can I delete it now?)

Edit: I'd like to retract a statement I've made earlier regarding the CSF diff compression: Turns out, I am indeed using it. Seems like I worked around the problem by creating a custom CSF containing really only the difference, i.e. only TD's strings, instead of just turning it off. Sorry for stating this wrong before, but it's been *quite* some time since that happened.

(In case you wondered, I only realized this now because I'm setting up the files for TD:SE and wondered why my .csf looked so different from the one before :huh: )
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Naa, that side bar is far more camp than mine Tongue
Sorry Renegade, meant to tell you I have downloaded the langmd - thanks muchly for that!

Both sidebars are exceptionally good Smile
--Lysdexia

Marshall:

I have so far checked out all 2, 3 and 4 player maps and not a single bug. While testing, a thought occured to me: is it possible that people who complained about it failed to repair those bridges because there were units under them? Even subs/dolphins/boomers, while invisible, prevent bridge repairs.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Excellent job DCoder. You're probably right. We'll stick it on the back burner and get round to testing the rest of the maps later.
Just for clarity, you tested all 2/3/4 player maps (including those in the 5 YR map packs?)
--Lysdexia

Mappacks? Oops... No.
Other than mappacks, yes, all. Including the famed Hammer and Sickle, which, despite several complaints seen at DGNF, also works properly.

Edit: just tried to go and get the mappacks. Is the official RA2 website ( http://www.eagames.com/official/cc/redaler...ish/index.shtml ) down or is it just me?

Wouldn't say "down" as such...just not set up/coded properly.
Probably fucked up their .shtml-association.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
YR map packs can be got from my site (marshall.cannis.net) on downloads page.
--Lysdexia

I'm slowly progressing with development of the CP.

Latest thing:
In Land Rush mode, Yuri does start with Attack Dogs - a mixture of Allied & Soviet.
In order to avoid the 'select all of type' issue, Yuri players will now start with only Yuri-built Soviet Attack Dogs.
Land Rush issue is finally dealt with.

According to my records, the following still has to be done:

I. Include Cannis' Robot Control Center fixes.

II. Weather Controller SHP. Include Blade's? Need art code.

III. Country Flag (building) SHPs - blip on anims?

IV. artmd.ini mistakes - find out if they really do belong in the main fixes
The mistakes being referred to are:
The entry [NAPSYB] has a flag "CanBeHidden-False".
Presumably, the hyphen should be an equals sign. The actual effect in-game has not been tested.
The entry [CANWY26] has the flags:
DamageFireOffset0=100,-53
DamageFireOffset0-37,33
Presumably, the second line should read "DamageFireOffset1=37,33" although, again, the actual effect in-game has not been tested.

V. Fix the maps that have no water but you can still build naval yards.

VI. APOC smoking gun animation when rookie. It seems to have disappeared - why? and how to fix?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Once that's all done it's mainly paperwork - dev pack, readme, language stuff, patch, installer, testing, website/forum, etc.
--Lysdexia

"The entry [NAPSYB] has a flag "CanBeHidden-False"."
This could be tested quickly, if a mpa was made with this building placed behind another building with CanHideThings=true, and hidden objects is turned on.
The result is very predictable btw Wink

There is another issue, concerning the PrismSupportModifier= map bug. I came across an official WS map which introduces the bug thanks to its [General] section. I can't recall which it was, but I can find out easily enough. All maps need to be swept for this.
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
I can sweep them over. After all, it is a five-second job, Ctrl-F "[General]" 'all open documents'.

Edit: Okay, here's the list:
Dry Heat
Dry Heat MW
Mount Rushmore
Near Ore Far
Tour Of Egypt
Monster Movie
Irvine, California
Moon Patrol

Tested maps: All included in CD\multimd.mix, game_dir\*.mmx and YR Mappacks 1-5.

Also, Moon Patrol includes bugged (multi-sided) AI Triggers:
[AITriggerTypes]
077AF6BC=Apoc_-_Hard
077AF45C=Apoc_-_Normal