Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed development of YR 1.002 Community Patch
*sigh* Instead of just telling us wtf there is...Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
It's using the Generals bink dll to overwrite the RA2 bink dll.
Does it play old bink videos? I dunno.
Does it play new bink videos? I dunno.
So many things to test, so little time.
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
CannisRules: It's a YR mod.
So development is going well but the matter of the PKT and CSF is a royal pain in the anyway, the easiest solution all round is to use XCCMC/L for the purpose of adding the PKT and CSF only.
It means that there is no need to patch any original YR files and language specific updates are not a problem. YRCP-enabled mods can still use the assets provided in expandmd02.mix. This solves a great many issues so I think it's worth it.
Once the YRCP is in RC form I'll put a test version up somewhere for people to play with.

I've got loads of work on right now but I will continue to work on it.

I need responses from the TX people on the following issues:
1. Can the TX ini files be included in a mod, without the other contents of expandmd06.mix, without causing any errors?
If so, would doing so alleviate reconnection errors between YRCP users without expandmd06.mix and YRCP users with expandmd06.mix?

2. With the inception of the YRCP, presumably the .shp files included in expandmd06.mix are no longer required.
As such, I'm guessing you will remove them from the TX in the next version. This is important because any shps in expandmd06 will override those in expandmd02.mix.......:
Note: in expandmd06.mix the shadow image for one of the generic Bio Reactor shps is flawed. I have fixed the flaw and will include it in the YRCP.
I think there's a problem with the animation of the polish flag too (it seems to jump a bit upon looping). Presumably you just copied this shp file out of the game and renamed it. I will investigate the shp further and make the necessary corrections (hopefully only to art code but, if neccessary, I will modify the shps themselves).
GAWETH.shp seems to have no problems.
I believe those are all the SHP assets included in expandmd06.mix.

There are other building shp errors that can only be corrected in code (there's one that could be corrected in SHP but is a big unneccessary file). Given that the building shp bug fixes are part of the YRCP, I just wanted to confirm that the SHPs are no longer going to be in expandmd06.mix.

Finally, this request is made to anyone reading this:
There are some official maps that allow you to build Naval Yards on maps without water.
There are some official maps that have the occasional bridge repair hut that doesn't work.
If anyone finds such a map and fixes it, I will gladly include it in the YRCP.
Any other bugs/fixes that you know of/find that have not yet been dealt with by the existing UMP (which should probably be withdrawn when the YRCP is released) then please let me know.

Any thoughts/discussions below! Smile
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
Renegade,Feb 13 2005, 02:49 PM Wrote:Question:
What does my board have that Cannis' doesn't?

Right! Guests can read the threads! Big Grin

So, would you tell us what exactly is hidden behind your pretty "Log the fuck in"-message? Big Grin
[right][snapback]414[/snapback][/right]

This kind of "log the fuck in" just works for scare some new comers. If the person you want to ban doesn't post in your board, then, who cares if he reads something? It won't affect your board anyway... Btw, here's the feature he mentioned, for those who are lazy to login or have IP banned by being in the range of those who were banned in the past (this includes myself):

Blade Wrote:After playing about and testing for the last month I have finally succeeded in working out how to make new movies actually be used in game. Just to give you some background, the game doesn't just read movie files from the .mix files, like most things it has a list. It has a section way down at the bottom of art(md).ini called [Movies]. This list is used to build an internal table that is used for triggers and such. Problem is that if you just add a new entry to the end of the list, although the number is acknowledged (the game doesn't flip back to the first movie on the list), it doesn't actually read the filename (I assume its a bug in the parser). Thus to make it work, you need to add a second line with a placeholder filename to make it read the entry for the real new movie. WW themselves did this, the last entry on the list doesn't have a movie associated with it and I can only assume that it is there to make the real last movie work. I can't tell you how annoying it was knowing that I should be able to make a movie work and not being able to.
In addition to my previous post, I'm in need of non-English copies of the missionsmd.pkt file inside langmd.mix, just to confirm that they aren't different!

I also need translators for the added/modified CSf strings and installer dialog for all possible YR languages. Any languages that aren't translated will have their installer and CSF additions/changes in English!
--Lysdexia

Banshee;date=Feb 18 2005, 12:04 AM Wrote:This kind of "log the fuck in" just works for scare some new comers. If the person you want to ban doesn't post in your board, then, who cares if he reads something? It won't affect your board anyway... Btw, here's the feature he mentioned, for those who are lazy to login or have IP banned by being in the range of those who were banned in the past (this includes myself):
[right][snapback]477[/snapback][/right]
Let's drop this discussion in Marshall's topic, and on Renegade's boards, OK?

@Renegade: ^ This is part of the reason for the 'log the fuck in'.
If this is the beginning of another round of stalking and flaming, then out of respect for you, I'll leave so that there will be no reason for it to happen here too. I like what you're trying to do here, and I don't want to see it ruined.
C-GEN: The site with the 'log the f*ck in' forum. And now we make you validate your f*cking e-mail address too.
Marshall;date=Feb 18 2005, 07:33 AM Wrote:In addition to my previous post, I'm in need of non-English copies of the missionsmd.pkt file inside langmd.mix, just to confirm that they aren't different!

I also need translators for the added/modified CSf strings and installer dialog for all possible YR languages. Any languages that aren't translated will have their installer and CSF additions/changes in English!
[right][snapback]482[/snapback][/right]
What do you think of this idea: Maybe I could ask Lion to ask for those with non-english versions of the game to get in touch with you? Maybe just to reply in a comment to that news post at least, and you could find sources that way?

Need to find out just how many language versions were made...
Sounds good to me Smile

At the moment, I need to figure out what's going on with the TX (see above) and rewrite the dev pack so that it A) looks better and is easier to understand, B) is geared towards the YRCP, and C) includes info on utilizing PD's "Rock Patch".

Then I need to update the RA2YR Clean Up program.

Once that's sorted out we should have a viable test version of the YRCP (in English at least).

BTW Cannis, I think it might be a good idea to have the updated YRPM release coincide with that of the YRCP, given that it's going to be included.
--Lysdexia

CannisRabidus;date=Feb 18 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:Let's drop this discussion in Marshall's topic, and on Renegade's boards, OK?
[right][snapback]486[/snapback][/right]

Ok.
Nobody will leave here. We're all civilized people and there's no need to fight. Period. We've got a patch to code, god damnit.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Marshall;date=Feb 18 2005, 09:58 PM Wrote:Once that's sorted out we should have a viable test version of the YRCP (in English at least).
BTW Cannis, I think it might be a good idea to have the updated YRPM release coincide with that of the YRCP, given that it's going to be included.
[right][snapback]488[/snapback][/right]
I'm going to go to DGNF right now and will start a topic asking what language versions exist so we know what you need. Unless someone knows a more reliable way to find out.

I am still doing the Ren pack, I should be done maybe today or tomorrow since it's not the primary thing I'm working on. It's not straightforward since the tunes need to be edited. When done will you be able to put it up on the mirror? (I estimate it will end up at about 70 MB give-or-take.)
I expect so. I've had an idea about the music mix packs which I've posted in the playlist topic at C-GEN.
--Lysdexia

Marshall;date=Feb 19 2005, 03:58 AM Wrote:At the moment, I need to figure out what's going on with the TX (see above) and rewrite the dev pack so that it A) looks better and is easier to understand, B) is geared towards the YRCP, and C) includes info on utilizing PD's "Rock Patch".
Where is "b )"?
It shows us a smile (B)) instead of b )...
sory of outtopic Smile
GAMEMD.EXE - the hidden part must be hacked
That's why my lists always have a), b ) and c) Wink

Westwood's FTP lists patches for Chinese, English, French, German and Korean versions, for both RA2 and YR. So I think it's safe to say those are the language versions available.

But in fact, what prevents us from adding more? I mean, if somebody is willing to do it, I guess it wouldn't be that much of a problem to include a Dutch CSF, for example...and since we seem to have big Netherlandian population in the C&C-community, some people might be interested in that.

(And yes, I am aware of the fact that the cameos would still be in the game's original language, but all the strings is better than nothing.Wink)
Forum Rules

It's a good idea.

However, for the versions of YR that are already in a specific language, we only need to translate the new/modified strings.
For the languages that don't even exist yet, we'd have to translate the entire CSF.

I thought there was a Russian version of YR? Perhaps I'm mistaken. But if there is, and there's no 1.001 patch for it...

Also, do we need to bother translating map names? I'm thinking more in terms of the Assault maps than the official ones but both warrant consideration.
--Lysdexia