Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As Time Goes By
I've noticed a significant increase in reporting on testing here and there. I realize that that is just my point of view, but consider this:
In the roughly thirty day period before this ultimatum was issued, the BugTracker had 22 topics updated, while Graion Dilachs "The Issue of Feedback" thread had three independent reports.
Since this thread was created, in the BugTracker, 50 topics have been updated, and 7 independent reports have come out of TIOF.

To be clear, thats a 250% increase in reporting. And its only been twelve days since this thread was started.

I understand that these numbers don't tell the whole story. A full analysis would take a bit longer, and would take a more objective eye, but on the surface, this is a remarkable improvement in tester involvement. At this pace, in the thirty day period after August 16th, we will have a five hundred percent increase in participation.

Using some creative extrapolation: If the original estimate was that, at last months rate of testing 0.2 would be released in 6 to eight months, at this rate, all other things being equal, 0.2 could be released in a month to a month and a half!

This is news filtered through rose colored glasses. Renegade has ultimate authority over approval for release, but I figured this might be a little pick me up for the troops.

Don't let this be an excuse to slack off! Now that many of us are back to school/work/bordello, we all have better things to do. Which frees up a great deal of procrastinatory time to be wasted here. So hop to it!

EDIT: After further review of the play (IE the dead bones of Report #2), the six to eight month prediction was based on average testing. Since average testing is ill defined, I still believe that the testing level we have achieved is a marked improvement over earlier levels. On the basis of that, I would like to make a motion that the aforementioned deadline be moved to the sixteenth of September to see if the current burst of testing will be sustained or if its just an initial sprint in reaction to fear over a development hiatus.
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!

Messages In This Thread
As Time Goes By - by Renegade - 16.08.2011, 22:33:38
RE: As Time Goes By - by assasing123 - 16.08.2011, 22:39:33
RE: As Time Goes By - by AlexB - 16.08.2011, 23:15:17
RE: As Time Goes By - by Graion Dilach - 16.08.2011, 23:52:13
RE: As Time Goes By - by eva-251 - 20.08.2011, 06:01:46
RE: As Time Goes By - by Steel Mirage - 29.08.2011, 06:13:14
RE: As Time Goes By - by DCoder - 29.08.2011, 13:01:16